ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO valver owners

Focus ST

Not too sure about 1st as Im always looking at the rev counter, but about 60 in 2nd, 85 in 3rd, 110 4th - all indicated of course.

same as lucas, im normally looking at the rev counter!

only mod on my car is magnex cat back, not much of a performance increase iirc

but i think something like

1st 30

2nd bout 55 pushing it

3rd, not much over 80 i think possibly 90

4th 110 pushing it

5th 130 most the time,

saw 140 on the clock once, but took ages to get there, and never managed it again, it bounced of the limiter a few times

(i think that was also when i cooked my piston rings - not advised!)

also saw 140 on the clock in Jan i think (when EVERYWHERE was a sheet of ice, managed to spin up in 5th :D)

[Edited by steveyb on 06 May 2004 at 8:57pm]

hmmmmm, reason i ask, TheJesus is getting MAD speeds in gear in his willy, i at first thought he may be running a valver box and didnt know about it, but even then it seems well of from whats been said here.

30 in first

58 in 2nd

98 in 3rd

125 in 4th

148 in 5th!

DEF not willy rations, dont seem to be valver ones either though!?

Mine does
1st-35ish
2nd-60
3rd-80ish
4th-100ish - (apparently ;) )
5th-127 (apparently ;) )

I would have thought it would usual to have 2nd top out at 60 no? IE for testing0-60 times etc.

Erm, i can actually get 70mph in 2nd - no im not lying - i do it all the time (well not all the time as my engine would probably get pissed off)

Ive havent taken her over 100 tho so i dont know the rest of the times. LAst time i told someone this, i got slated. But i aint lying.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Well my standard valver gets:-

1st - 38mph

2nd - 66mph (I think)

3rd - 96mph

4th - 117mph

5th - 135mph is as far as ive taken it.

Ive been told by Renatec Bristol that my engine is healthy so they should be about right.

Mine is standard too - including standard wheels (so no mess up in my speed reading) For some reason i have always been able to rev the nuts off mine - i know its not totally advisable - i find it helps a lot tho when you are racing someone and dont have to change gear when they do! it just keeps going and going and going and going........

C

chip16v

my willy engine with valver box and raised rev limit does

1st= 35

2nd= 62

3rd= 90

4th= 114

5th= 143

so jesus hasnt got a 16v box in as it would be the same as mine. speedo might be out

i still my 16v gearbox, but with a 2.0ltr williams lump (with limiter rasied)

1st = 35 (not 100% sure)

2nd = 62

3rd = 85

4th = 115

5th = lightspeed

best ive had or noticed is:

1st = 35

2nd = 60

3rd = 90

4th = 110/115 on the clock

5th = 137 on the clock

had 130 out of it the other night, first time since i fitted th 17s, was going down a bit a hill though.

Am i right in saying that once fitting bigger wheels your speedo will read wrong, that in fact your going quicker than it is showing?