ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST150 & 175bhp Corsa GSI

R

rich[182]

Just looked through latest autoexpress, Not so much the Fiesta cos it sounds like too little too late, 150bhp 0-60 in 7.5 secs but the new Corsa GSI due out in 2004 sounds like we have company, ie 1.6 turbo, 175bhp,16s and 0-60 sub 7secs,top 140mph for £15k

Does anyone know what Renault are planning when the new Clio arrives next October ? What will replace the 172 ?

Dunno, but I reckon we should all go out and buy Corsas.

Saw Super 1600 yesterday and the Corsas on there look WELL nice.. heh.

Vauxhall can make quick cars but they are rarely fun to drive. The next Golf GTi looks good - but too expensive.

my mate just bought a vx220 53 plate, what a weapon, mentral car to be in but really loud inside.

Paint is really bad though with scratching when it gets washed, he is in arguments with vauxhall at the moment

The Corsa GSI might not be built, they dont think it will sell as its not any faster than the current hot hatches, " the game has moved on " to quote a vauxhall spokesperson. They think they will wait for the new Corsa/Punto..

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The gsi is a funny car. the people that i know that work at opel/vaux say its comming but the power output is constantly changing from 140bhp to 180bhp or pratically any number in between

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye I think I will stick with the 172, i just couldnt bare to be seen in a corsa... *shudder*

R

rich[182]

Yeh, still think the 172 looks far better than either of them too so still glad I ordered one, Fiesta certainly wont be quick enough anyway although I have to say the Corsa has bags of potential, 200bhp will be very very easy to reach with just a chip and filter...........