ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Headunit and buying Speakers

Hi Folks

Just bought a Panasonic CQ-DFX 602 Headunit and tryed to fit it to my 172 mk II last night. Had problems cause when I put the new Panasonic HU cage in, I couldnt get any of the bendy pieces to lock the cage into the dash. Any advice?

Also I am looking to buy 2 pairs of speakers to replace the factory fitted ones in the front and the back. Any thought to which ones I should buy? I heard people putting 13cm (5 1/4") speakers in for replacements but when I measured them the standards are 5". What size should I fit?

Any help would be greatful!

Cheers

Scott

Lionel Richie

The door speakers are defo 13cm, dont know why you couldnt bend any of the tabs back on the cage??? Try using a screwdriver

yup defo 13cm.

Not all tabs will bend in, so long as you get enough of them bent in to make the cage secure.

just keep at it, youll get there in the end

although the standard speakers are 13cm, it does not take much effort to get 17cm speakers into the holes

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its too difficult i broke my door cards doing it

so i wouldn bother

also check the depth of the speaker before you buy it!!

i made that mistake!!

oh dear

i have done it on a mates with kenwood dual mags, the mounting depth of them is very shallow and can fit into most tight spaces

but i agree with tom that it is very easy to destroy the door cards when doing this, but when it is done, its definetely worth the hassle