ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel economy

The fuel tank of the new clio is supposed to be 50 litres but yesterday I ran the car so that the gauge was at the bottom. The trip said about 40 miles left. I filled up at the petrol station and the tank would only take 40 litres, so where are the other 10???

E87 118i

yeah Im always filling up about 40 to 42 litres and thats when the red light is on......

so whats your average fuel consumption ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

46liters in mine this morning

it does 90miles on the red light

i used to fill up with 46 litres regularly

but then again it didnt last me too long either, never reset my trip computer

mileage 12000+ - mpg 33.1 - avg speed 30mph

from a 1.2

E87 118i

mpg ? what happened to kms;)

on average about 6.5 litres per 100 km, this week its been a bit higher (note to self, green light at intersection is not the start of a 1/4 mile !)

ive got a 1.6 and can only seem to manage 30 odd mpg! Never been above 32, been down to 27 before. Whys it so low, and you can manage 34mpg on a cup?

Cups are well good on the fuel esp for a 2litre. Most ive put in mine is 46.5litres. What ive found out though is that the trip is a rough estimate, the gague is a better sign. If you turn it on and it dont move you know that youre gettin a little low lol