ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Magnex exhaust system..

Hi there - I am thinking of ordering a full Magnex system (incl their cat by pass pipe) this week, and just wanted to check with the Willy / Valver owners how loud this would be, plus also the quality of fit.

I dont want the exhaust to be too loud - just want to replace the original system which is now over 7 yrs old with a suitable alternative. I know a lot of Willy owners have it fitted so am assuming its all good! Opinions appreciated.

Cheers .

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

My car came with a magnex fitted when I bought it 2 years ago and fit is great. Oval part of the back box is horizontally fitted unlike some valvers Ive seen (possibly not magnex) that is vertical so reduces ground clearance.

Got the decat fitted a few weeks ago and rather than it being a straight through pipe it actually looks like a cat. My car passed the MOT with this and I was well chuffed.

As for sound, its great and not too loud. Was loud when I had a K&N on (came fitted also) but replaced this with a BMC CDA and its quieter now but still sporty.

Would recommend Magnex but then Supersprint are also supposed to be quite good. Might get one of their manifolds (or Ktec).

Cheers Matty, I think i will definitely go for the Magnex then - just got to find the cheapest supplier now.

I have a HP induction kit which makes a mother of a roar when accelerating as it is - hence my desire not to have a loud exhaust too.

Thanks.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Magnex isnt the loudest so should be good but guess any exhaust amplifies the induction roar.

As you are a member I would try Carnosseur (possible spelt wrong) in southend as you will get 10 per cent off there. Or check out the other discount listings. You probably wanna get it fitted rather than DIY.

My car had (and still has) a magnex cat-back when I bought it. Its very good - nice burble but not too loud.

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Like wise when my standard one went a bit f**ked i fitted a Magnex!!

Looks good sounds nice(not to loud).

stainless steel so you wont need to replace it again !!