ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golf PD130 Banger

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Might have been Kim and Wayne, tbh everyone got a windscreen of dog hair when they followed me, that dog shed more than any animal i've ever know.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yep makes you wonder where the years go how long ago was that bout 10 years?
Would've been 9 years.

I had my 182 when I turned 21 in the January, so would've been 9 years January just gone.
Still a long time ago.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Used the arm rest for the first time today and it lasted about 10 seconds before it got folded back up after discovering it makes it difficult to change gear, I don't remember my last MK4 being like that, proper pissed me off as I was looking forward to full armchair spec cruising.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Used the arm rest for the first time today and it lasted about 10 seconds before it got folded back up after discovering it makes it difficult to change gear, I don't remember my last MK4 being like that, proper pissed me off as I was looking forward to full armchair spec cruising.

Still can on the motorway though?

I found the same with my audi s4 the armrest was in the way/felt weird when changing gear.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I was using it on the motorways today, set cruise control, sit back and chill.

I did find a way of changing gear with it down but it's a bit awkward, so iit'll stay as a little bonus of being on the motorway.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked/replaced the shifter mechanism? Did the cables and bushes on my Leon, made a big difference to the shift.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That was all new when I bought the car, the changes are solid, in fact i've had to change my shifting technique as the Clio taught me to be gentle and nurse the gears into place, the changes are so solid on the Golf that if you do it gently you sometimes miss gears from not being forceful enough, so now i'm just slamming them in and haven't missed a gear since.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Went to change a bulb and found this, there isn't one on the other side and it's zip tied so it can't be plugged in, any ideas?

1631286463106.png

Also the coolant system is leaking from a few places now after hammering it up and down the motorway to London on a regular basis, so i'm just going to replace all the hoses, clips and connectors, possible the radiator depending what state it's in.

What I don't understand is why the PD130 hose kit is more expensive than the PD150 kit, the photos look identical but that could just be a stock photo, it normally tells you if the photo isn't the exact product you'll receive, the PD150 does have a different intercooler setup so maybe some hoses need to take a different route, i'll be running a front mount eventually so the standard setup will go in the bin anyway.

I've no idea what to buy now and these are the cheapest kits I can find, as far as I can tell the products are identical.

Pd130 £210, but it does come with clamps

PD150 £176, £40 cheaper but no clamps, I doubt clamps will be £40.

I'll probably go with Darkside but I thought i'd ask for opinions.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Hasn't this thing given you consumption or gonorrhoea yet and caused you to chuck the towel in?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Hasn't this thing given you consumption or gonorrhoea yet and caused you to chuck the towel in?
The interior was quite clean until I put the dog in it, the car is surprisingly rust free and tbh i'm not really the one that's doing all the work, i've helped on every job but once Guy Martin gets the bit between his teeth sh*t gets done.
Nah you wanna be in the groups on Facebook, most people are properly retarded but there are plenty of helpful people on there

Most of the Golf pages aren't that bad if you can prove you can spell and have 3+ teeth
I'm already on a few, but I only use FB for cheap parts.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got a weekend off so we (Ryan) can sort the coolant system, after the rusty bong water was drained we can see what's what.

IMG_20211003_122034.jpg

It looked like it had a bout of the sh*ts

IMG_20211003_122841.jpg

The leaky metal pipe came off

IMG_20211003_142256.jpg

The putty bodge didn't last, probably because it was trying to stick to rust

IMG_20211003_134223.jpg

Mad that such a tiny hole could leak that much, no idea how it happened as it was on the underside of the pipe up against the block

IMG_20211003_142224.jpg

Tandem pump came off to replace the leaking gasket, discovered there was no gasket, that'll be why it's leaking then, didn't get a photo of the replacement gasket as Ryan was working so fast he was just a blur

IMG_20211003_142733.jpg

Coolant housing had to come off for access to various pipes, discovered the O ring in it had expanded and wouldn't go back on properly, so it was cut down a little and coated in silicone

IMG_20211003_145844.jpg

One of the Darkside hoses wasn't long enough so we had to reuse the old one, not the end of the world as that hose was still in decent nick, just annoying that a £230 kit isn't 100% and didn't come with any instructions

IMG_20211003_153302.jpg

Fuel hoses got changed, new expansion tank

IMG_20211003_162442.jpg

Stating to look the part now

IMG_20211003_162447.jpg

The Darkside website said 'Must be fitted by a qualified mechanic', well that particular qualified mechanic had some colourful words and phrases he used to describe their company and the fact there were no instructions of any kind, meaning most of the day was spent trying to find matching pairs and figure out how everything's routed because they're not entirely identical.

I'm glad Ryan's a mate as I think by the time he was done he wanted to hurt me and set fire to the car.