ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my Eibach springs fitted!!

Whoopee, been meaning to get it done for ages but I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of Eibach pros (from K-tec, pure class) and got them fitted today.

I have got cup wheels on a mk2 172, so the offsets are way out. I had been experiencing a lot of bump and torque steer, but the drive home revealed that this seems to have almost entirely gone (can anyone explain why?)

Steering is much lighter, the cars rear end seams much more under control, when pushing it the understeer is more predictable. Best of all the ride is firmer but less harsh, bumps seem to have lost their "edge". Car doesnt look much lower but I havent compared it yet to measurements from before.

Cant wait now until I fit the Brembo four pot conversion I bought off Dean (from the forum). Its the K-tec specimen set, but I am reconditioning the kit as I didn;t like the yellow callipers.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

yeah got mine fitted 2day too (cheers jay172)

not really had chance to bed mine in properly but im already impressed! The ride is def stiffer but not harsher. roundabouts are great fun, i keep seein how much speed i can carry throu them!

mine dont look any lower so far but im sure they will drop a little more when bedded in.

SilverRSC, anything to look out for when fitting the springs ? Did you have the tracking checked after they were fitted ?

Happy ?!??! We are just about to go and fit mine now !

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 07 March 2004

SilverRSC, anything to look out for when fitting the springs ? Did you have the tracking checked after they were fitted ?

Happy ?!??! We are just about to go and fit mine now !

Jay172 fitted mine but there were no probs.

not had the trackin checked yet but seems ok. Yeah im def happy with them. think youll love em

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the ebaich springs only lower slightly so cant see it affecting front suspension geomatry much.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

May be unconnected but ive spun my wheels twice now an no bangbangbang, yet to spin them violently but it does seem better.

111s

Quote: Originally posted by SilverRSC on 07 March 2004

May be unconnected but ive spun my wheels twice now an no bangbangbang, yet to spin them violently but it does seem better.
Under harsh acceleration, mine does the bang, bang thing. Thought it might be engine mount. Had it checked when the car went in for warranty work but they said it was fine. Ive not got traction control, so what is it?

Number on the things ive got.

Springs:10-75-001-02-22

Dampers:60-75-001-01-22

Kit, (dampers+springs):70-75-001-01-22

"""May be unconnected but ive spun my wheels twice now an no bangbangbang, yet to spin them violently but it does seem better.""""

no i still have it even with the springs.. i wonder how this escalate with the ktec turbo?? :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by cliosport.nu on 29 March 2004

Problems mate?

yupp, I would give eibach/supplier a call and attached those photos by email.
The Swedish Eibach rep took the struts back :D.

Even if the applications list says so it seems there are no "Eibach" shox for the 172..:confused:

I guess RPM has to go for Konis...

is it possible to just fit the springs to the original shocks and then change the shocks later when i have some more cash, or would i be better doing both shocks and springs at the same time

Quote: Originally posted by flash80uk on 29 March 2004

is it possible to just fit the springs to the original shocks and then change the shocks later when i have some more cash, or would i be better doing both shocks and springs at the same time
No problem. Its only the damper who doesnt like getting new/different springs. New dampers+old springs is ok.