ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had an accident!!

silver valver/hybrid

scariest moment of my life i think today, going to the supermarket with my g/f when 3 girls ran across the road, straight out in front of me, 2 of them stopped one didnt, and i hit her and she went flying onto the pavement. She was shook up, and luckily think her only injuries were a bruised leg and a cut on her head. police came and breathalised me, but i dont drink so that was ok. They seemed certain it wasnt my fault, and were happy to let me go with a producer. Bit of damage to the car, dented bonnet, wing broken, cracked indicator, and the fog light is hanging out. gonna get a quote for repairs tomorrow and ill post a pic. Stupid thing was they were 15 ft from a pedestrian crossing! :cry:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Bloody hell mate!!!

u didnt do this down in cov did you??

Talk soon

Has

Glad your ok mate, really sorry to hear this though, some people can be very stupid.

i do hope your posting the repair bill to the girls parents, from the sounds of what happened they should repair the damage and be grateful you wernt speeding or anything......

ex Clio 172 owner :(

its a joke how the police will just expect you to front the bill for your repairs and not even mention to you about suing them.

So u gotta pay for repairs that werent ur fault? How does that work out???

Glad ur ok tho mate, and not gettin done for it.

silver valver/hybrid

cheers for the concerns guys, some idiot came over and told the girl to claim she was badly injured and get loads of money in compensation. the girl walked off before i could get her full name, the ambulance caught up with her though., but the ambulance guy told me to stay away.

320d M Sport

glad everyones ok!

how old is she?! if her or her family has house insurance u may be able to reclaim the damage through that policy...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

should of backed up and finished the job m8,

gutted to hear ya broke ya car though, nearly ran 3 girls over my self in my mums car the other week, they ran out as i was going around a roundabout, managed to stop and they all gave me abuse!! bloke shouted at them and had a go as it wasnt my fault, made me shake like mad though was well shocked...

TDI tyre shreader

same kind of thing happened to me a while ago but spun in avoidance to miss a little kid, luckly missed him but my car was a wreack, as i spun, hit the curb bounced over it went into a tree and stopped in a bush, didnt realise any damaged had been done at first (shock and all) went and gave the little git some proper abuse returned to my car to find one alloy with a massive chunk missing, a bent rear beam, bent chassy, smashed head light and indicator and bolloxed wing went to vent some more anger and they had gone!!!! couldnt believe it, the pigs did sweat FA and i was left with a knackered car, should of hit the little sh*te would of done less damage!! But at the end of the day everyone was ok which is the main thing. Sorry to hear about your accident chief doesnt half scare u!!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

happened to me a few years ago! and i was well shook up! i was in works van and this double decker in front of me stopped to let some school kiddies of so i slowed right down to overtake/pass the staionary double decker and when i got inline with the front of the double decker this girl ran out in front of the double decker and i hit her! she went flying and i screeched to a halt.. thought i had killed her!!!! i was doing no more than 20mph so all was ok and she had a cut leg and bruised head!!!! made me feel bad tho and gave me nightmares.. all i got from police was a 7day wonder and never had a breathe test! but they are compulsory now after any accident arent they???

and as stats go! more

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

happened to me before and it sh*ts you up big time!!! luckily all was ok!! as stats go, more accidents happen just before or just after a crossing!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Least ur both ok...Damage can be fixed ( I know at ur expence) and also not ur fault...But loss of life...No price.

Sh*t happens man!

Crap, glad evrybody is ok!

But i dunno what it is with people, i had a pip and shout at some people crossing a major junction 10 feet from a zebra crossing where i would of had to stop...but no, they stand the the middle of 4 lanes.

Incidentally, on a lighter note, a school mate in Hong Kong was hit by a taxi badly and hospitalised for 6 months, supposedly it was quite traumatising for the people who saw it.

Anyway, se was forever renamed from Elaine Luk, to Elaine Luk bothways.

Its a bad thing when people run out in front of you. I remember driving home from work and as you can imagine in london theres loads of cars. The thing is I was driving down a bus lane however at this time it wasnt a bus lane (some have time limits - that I always follow) and this kid on a bike shot out of the traffic on my right straight in front of my car when I was doing 30.

Slammed the brakes on (no abs in my 306DT) and he jumped off the bike so I didnt hit him - actually managed to stop without hitting anything.

But the annoying thing is that everyone thought it was my fault for driving in a bus lane - IT WASNT - I wish people knew how to read signs properly.

... girl walked out in front of the bus she had just got off.. i could see it coming she walked out in front of a van and nearly got wasted. the driver had to swap with the passenger cos he was so shook up. She stood ther like a startled rabbit for about 3 seconds then laughed and skipped of home.....

thing is.. i knew her parents, she got an ass kickin!! hehe :D

a few years ago when younger and travelling I was in Bangladesh and on a bus, could see a kid up ahead waiting to cross the road and he just put his head down and ran out, front of the bus went past and him he ran straight into the side under my window still with head down, got bowled over but got back up and ran back to the side of the road- driver just carried on!

Looking back it was quite amusing!

Mazda MX5 1.8

COMPENSATION?!!!!! what country do they think they r in? AMERICA?!

nothing i hate more than people who claim off a ACCIDENT!! makes me so mad! usually people who r too lazy to get a job and never intend to and just living off the state! should be hung, drawn, and have their body parts removed (now claim you f**ker!)

rant over lol

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Same happened to me when driving the works van little girl just ran out from behind a skip. Luckly I was going slow ~ 20mph but I still hit her, the worst feeling in the world, heart in the mouth. Bloodly parents were on the side of the road and should have seen her across, not let her run out in the middle of the road.