ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handsfree Mobile Phone

Hi

I want to use the speakers from the car radio to hear calls on my mobile. I have a handsfree kit but the speaker quality is crap. I can tap into the speaker connections on the phone kit, but would appreciate some advice on the correct connections to the car, presumably on the back of the head unit.

Also has the standard Renault head unit got a mute function, & what sort of signal from the phone/handsfree does it need?

Thanks in advance if someone can help.

Renaultsport Clio 182

If you pull the volume controls on the column controls at the same time it mutes!

Chris

what type of Phone/handsfree kit do you have?

Check the wiring diagram for your head unit, will show a handsfree input, just cant remember where it is cos I ditched my head ubit after about 10 minutes of ownership

Thanks SoLow, Its Nokia/Pama.

I havnt got any sort of dia. for the head unit, thats what I was hoping someone could sort for me - Its the standard Renault unit that comes with a 172.

Thanks John

Maplin listed these clip on type adaptors for a short while, but they have now been discontinued - read into that what you will !. The main problem it seems -apart from relying on your phones own speaker - much amplified, is that to listen to someone calling you, you have to retune your radio to the frequency that the system uses, and then retune after the call, and you rely on the phones ring to tell you to do it. (Which you probably havnt heard because of the noise from your 3 inch straight thru exhaust etc.)

I want to build a real hand free that will mute the radio/cd signal when I get a call, and route the phone output directly to the amp stage of the head unit.

Help please - somebody must have done this.

W