ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head Units compatable with 182 steering controls

Clio 182 cup
I was wondering if any one knows if there were any head units that you can buy which are automatically compatable with the steering controls on a '05 clio 182. I know you need an adapter for other head units which are compatable but these are adding quite a bit to the overall cost of getting some new ICE.

I ask because my mate has just bought a sony head unit for his 57 Megane 230 F1 and it doesnt require an adapter.

Cheers

178hp 172 Cup
i dont know of any headuint that u can jus put in and still use the steering wheels controls!! normally u hav to by the adaptor!!! i may be wrong however

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
yea there are some but i cant remember ... some one has mentioned it on here b4 hence how i heard about it lol, but ive actually heard about them b4 but i bet there £££ so best getting the leads whats £30 to the cost of ICE u will spend more than that on the compatable HU

Da

Less
Just for reference the leads for an 05> Clio are circa £100, the £30 leads aren't compatible ;)

clio 182, both cup packs.
Just bought an Alpine ipod unit, can't believe it would cost a further £75 for the adapter for the controller. Sod that, shame though.

Clio 182 cup
I've just fitted my mates stereo and it works perfectly with the steering controls without an adapter. Its a Sony CDX-GT30RN and worked a treat.

I'm under the impression that because it's an '05 model i need to pay for the more expensive adapters which is a right b!tch!

Has anyone got any ideas on which head unit i should get? I preferrebly want one that i can hook up to my ipod. Any suggestions?

Clio 182 cup
No, it was on his Megane F1 230. Was going to try it on mine but the guy who i bought my 182 had a different stereo fitted and the adaptor didnt fit.