ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heat Pump / Ground Source Pump

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Pretty much as title.

What you got?

Scottish scheme is up to 75% cashback on any efficient heating systems. Looking into it heavily, but may be able to use two schemes (Scottish one and the Renewable Home Incentive (RHI by Ofgem) )

Any one had one installed and what are they like for water heating etc?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I've literally just moved into a place with Air Source heating, Mixed with underfloor heating and its lovely.

Only been in a week so no clue on unning costs etc I'm afraid.

370Z, Fiesta ST2
How well insulated is the house? It runs at a lower temp (ie it runs for longer, think of a slow cooker) so needs really good insulation to work.

I wanted to get it as we have a massive garden so it would be ideal for a ground source system - but 8" solid walls leak heat worse than a sive.

Volvo V50 T5-R
House is already cavity walled filled and im doing under floor insulation for the UFH that i wish to put in.
What are you doing with regards to underfloor insulation, we live in a 1930's property and we have suspended floor boards in the lounge/diner which has literally 4-5 ft of just "air space" underneath, so we're looking at insulation options as it's bloody cold all the time!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
What are you doing with regards to underfloor insulation, we live in a 1930's property and we have suspended floor boards in the lounge/diner which has literally 4-5 ft of just "air space" underneath, so we're looking at insulation options as it's bloody cold all the time!

Your best bet would be to rip the suspended floor out, get some hard-core in so you're roughly 250mm below floor level then lay a subfloor or 100mm concrete then 100mm kingspan etc then a 50mm screed. You need a dpm below the subfloor then a layer of dpm over the kingspan to stop the screed reacting with the foil on the insulation. Underfloor heating pipes clipped through the visqueen to the insulation and bobs your uncle.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Pretty much as title.

What you got?

Scottish scheme is up to 75% cashback on any efficient heating systems. Looking into it heavily, but may be able to use two schemes (Scottish one and the Renewable Home Incentive (RHI by Ofgem) )

Any one had one installed and what are they like for water heating etc?

Weve had a couple installed and they're really good, they tend to only heat the water to about 50 degrees though so you have to have an immersion on a timer to bring it up to temp. For the heating side if you're using underfloor heating they get plenty warm enough. If you're using radiators you have to have them double the btus you normally would so the rads end up pretty big.

Volvo V50 T5-R
Your best bet would be to rip the suspended floor out, get some hard-core in so you're roughly 250mm below floor level then lay a subfloor or 100mm concrete then 100mm kingspan etc then a 50mm screed. You need a dpm below the subfloor then a layer of dpm over the kingspan to stop the screed reacting with the foil on the insulation. Underfloor heating pipes clipped through the visqueen to the insulation and bobs your uncle.
Sounds exceptionally expensive, I'll just continue with my increased carbon footprint I think!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

I had this with exposed floorboards in my old house, I just fitted a carpet 🤣

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Im going to pull floor up, then batten the sides and then cut kingspan/celotex to sit in that void. Lay new flooring over it then screed for the UFH.