ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help urgent advice needed

erm right......

and what are we meant to do about it? LoL

[Edited by Roamer on 20 October 2004 at 3:27pm]

Shouldve gone a 60mm drop on 17s bud ;)

DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THERE

Right, I wasnt happy with 40mm so I changed the springs months later for 60mm G-MAX.

My problem is the front looks mint, its low, and although the back is lower then what is was Im wonderin what to do cos I still aint happy

Do you lot think I should get 17s on it and hope that this reduces the roughly 15mm gap between arch and tyre or see if i can get some custom made springs just for the back to drop it another 25mm. Please fellas I need to know ya advice on this. What have you guys done to resolve this, show me pics if possible

Cheers in advance

Wiggy

Changing wheels wont change the gap size, as you need to keep the same rolling circumference of the tyre.... lower more is ya only option, so Id say go coilovers, youll get to set the ride height you want instead of changing springs left right and centre, and youll get a better handling ride out of it too.

id say bin the springs and get coilovers, youll get the drop you want and as roamer says the ride will be better than the 60mm springs

Thats more like it mate how much did they set ya back and please tell me I can get away with buying the back two cos I really dont wanna mess about buying sets of springs

Cheers, looking nice is the car by way

thats new rear dampers, springs and front struts with coilover springs. fred had his rear springs custom made (i forget the cost) but coilover kits start at about £500 and go upto £1000s depending on the spec

Think I give it a miss then. I aint got that sort of money at the minute. Ya may as well just cut a coil off the springs and hope it passes MOT.

wouldnt fancy being you when you go over a crest and the bodged spring with a coil cut off pops out from between the floorpan and trailing arm and the car comes down with a crash. if you cant afford to do it properly id leave it

Quote: Originally posted by WIGGY1 on 20 October 2004

Think I give it a miss then. I aint got that sort of money at the minute. Ya may as well just cut a coil off the springs and hope it passes MOT.
Are you a LOON???? do you want to risk death or serious injury for a lower car? thats just crazy talk...

The 80mm coilover kit doesnt cost £840 - thats for the custom setup fred had made, youre looking £500-600, get fred to fit them if ya like, hes a good lad when it comes to jobs like that....

And whatever you do not want to be doing mix-and-match spring setups, they are sets for a reason dude, dont do it. (Yes you can mix and match, but if you dont know about the sh*t, dont fool with it)

[Edited by Roamer on 20 October 2004 at 4:04pm]