ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Goes Again - Build Progress Thread - 3 New Houses From Scratch

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
After doing this a few years ago in this thread.

I did it last year again on a smaller but really successful new build so here goes again but this time with 3 houses.

I purchased a bungalow last year, got planning to knock it down and build 3 x 3 houses.

The council have just discharged the conditions attached to planning which means it's game time!!!!

I have set up a camera which will take 4 pictures a day which I'll put together into a time lapse at the end of the build. Until then, I will probably only post picture progress from the camera every few weeks for those interested.

I'll let you know when we start officially.

EXISTING
51056461031_11b3e900fb_b.jpg

PROPOSED
51056461016_f4d8a1c528_b.jpg

51055734868_3fcf3bf8f0_b.jpg

51055734833_2e8d9c17e7_b.jpg

51056543672_6d4680de06_b.jpg

RyG

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Nope.

4 bedroom detached here are roughly £650k each. (total £1.3m)

We can get £550k for each of the 3 bedrooms. (£1.65m)

Is this all self funded? Or can you get a mortgage on a plot with intent to build?

(not nosing about how much you make, I just have no idea how this works)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Is this all self funded? Or can you get a mortgage on a plot with intent to build?

(not nosing about how much you make, I just have no idea how this works)
It's all scheme dependant. Every site is totally different.

Some self fund but most borrow from special banks who release funds in stages.

We've self funded this site though so saves answering to surveyors for regular draw downs, which can be a real ball ache.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Very good project, do you just manage and let monkeys do the work or are you active in the build?

Did a factory build myself but learnt hope to drive the diggers and dumpers, how to lay bricks and blocks etc, throughly enjoyed the process and use the skills all the time now. Guess if you’re mega loaded your times best spent elsewhere!

Good luck with it all, look forward to the updates! 👍

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Amazing Euge. Can I suggest turning your photos up to one every 10 minutes. I did this for a site lately, and @TheEvilGiraffe stitched them together for a monthly video. It’s no more/less effort really and will look a lot better.

I was only going to do 1 a day. Every 10 minutes would be a killer! Are you sure 4 a day wouldn't work well either?

Very good project, do you just manage and let monkeys do the work or are you active in the build?

Did a factory build myself but learnt hope to drive the diggers and dumpers, how to lay bricks and blocks etc, throughly enjoyed the process and use the skills all the time now. Guess if you’re mega loaded your times best spent elsewhere!

Good luck with it all, look forward to the updates! 👍
Unlike our first project I am fully project managing this one so whilst I won't be on the tools, I will be on site a considerable amount of time. I am totally responsible for everything.

Small ticket items I will do.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
@eugegall how do you get round capital gains tax?
Just interested as I’m in a similar situation.
I purchased the bungalow in a new co business name.

We'll pay the usual 20% corporation tax on profits then tax on personal withdrawals.

No way around tax unfortunately. Just got to pay that s**t!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hats off to you for this Euge. I’ve always wanted to do it but never had the balls.

bravo sir and I hope you make a killing on it. ❤️

Aaron..

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good Euge.
I would have thought that a couple of 4 bed detached would have brought in more than three 3 beds in a terrace. Surprised when I read otherwise tbh.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I was only going to do 1 a day. Every 10 minutes would be a killer! Are you sure 4 a day wouldn't work well either?
Normal video is ~30 frames a second...

At your rate of 4 a day, ~7 days of photos will make one second of your timelapse. A month of build will turn into a 4 second timelapse :unsure:

How are you taking the photos ? If they're not from exactly the same place it'll look dreadful and jumpy unless you're doing a very clever movement of the camera (think bullet time).

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks @eugegall 👍

@Daniel lol.. I’m not trying to avoid tax. Just wanting to know what they are wanting for building houses and capital gains as I’m right at the start of planning in principle.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Normal video is ~30 frames a second...

At your rate of 4 a day, ~7 days of photos will make one second of your timelapse. A month of build will turn into a 4 second timelapse :unsure:

How are you taking the photos ? If they're not from exactly the same place it'll look dreadful and jumpy unless you're doing a very clever movement of the camera (think bullet time).
Ahhhh.

Thanks so much. Just text my guy to correct this on Wednesday morning before we start knocking that b**ch down.

Do you think one every hour between 7 and 7 would be enough?

The camera is the same camera we are using for CCTV. It's taking pictures and saving them on a chip, which I'll manually drag off every week or so.

The camera is fixed to a 4 meters lamp post and won't move position for the whole build.

51059976362_e7d427214e_b.jpg

Aaron..

ClioSport Club Member
How long are you expecting the build to last?

As @TheEvilGiraffe says, most things are 30fps. You can set it to be 24 and it won't look too bad so if you do that, you'll have 1 second for every two days of build.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahhhh.

Thanks so much. Just text my guy to correct this on Wednesday morning before we start knocking that b**ch down.

Do you think one every hour between 7 and 7 would be enough?

The camera is the same camera we are using for CCTV. It's taking pictures and saving them on a chip, which I'll manually drag off every week or so.

The camera is fixed to a 4 meters lamp post and won't move position for the whole build.

View attachment 1528503
I was taking ~70 frames a day and a months worth would take up about 80-90 seconds of video.

If you want a whole year to smash through in a 30 second video, do one an hour.

I'd do one every 10 mins if not 5.. you can easily speed up the footage if it's uninteresting.

Missing 95% of the action is unrecoverable......

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I was taking ~70 frames a day and a months worth would take up about 80-90 seconds of video.

I'd do one every 10 mins if not 5.. you can easily speed up the footage if it's uninteresting.

Very goof point.

So If I want a 3 to 4 minute video???

Also what about timings of photo. Do I include any dark photos or only light?

Chuckles

ClioSport Moderator
We had sun rising and setting, made sense of the days and progression.

Generally we the the photos just going between working hours, i.e 8am-5pm.

In terms of working out your video length... you can always tweak that after. I would honestly suggest taking a bare minimum of 4 an hour.

Can have a two min chat tomorrow if that’s easier mate

Aaron..

ClioSport Club Member
There's no point in shooting video between 7-8am if there's no one on site, same as after 5pm.

Every 15 minutes and then speed it up once done if it's too long.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one

This man speaks sense.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to see you doing another build!

Out of interest, how much input into easements and restrictive covenants do you have? Are they something you just get a solicitor to draft up for you or do you give them an indication of what you want included?

Probably a random question to ask but I work in a land registration background and haven't really had chance to ask anyone how that side of things work :)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
We had sun rising and setting, made sense of the days and progression.

Generally we the the photos just going between working hours, i.e 8am-5pm.

In terms of working out your video length... you can always tweak that after. I would honestly suggest taking a bare minimum of 4 an hour.

Can have a two min chat tomorrow if that’s easier mate

Thanks mate. Totally missed this message until now. Taken all of the above advice onboard and changed the timings. Nice one!

It's your video.. what do you want from it ? What do you want to see ? What's 'your guy' doing ?

I want an epic looking video at the end. Just something different to be fair. My guy is the camera guy who has setup the whole system for me. Is this what you do for a job? Video editing?

There's no point in shooting video between 7-8am if there's no one on site, same as after 5pm.

Every 15 minutes and then speed it up once done if it's too long.

He's popped down today and changed the photos from 4 a day to every 15 minutes from 7am to 7pm 6 days a week. That should give us some quality images to use and make the video look fantastic. Thanks for your help.

Interested in the regular updates, please share as much as you can.

And very jealous also. Good on you. Wish I had the minerals.

Cheers mate. I might not be as specific as the first thread but will try and post as much as possible.

Nice to see you doing another build!

Out of interest, how much input into easements and restrictive covenants do you have? Are they something you just get a solicitor to draft up for you or do you give them an indication of what you want included?

Probably a random question to ask but I work in a land registration background and haven't really had chance to ask anyone how that side of things work :)

Yeah to be fair I tell my solicitor how I want the titles to be setup and he does the rest. I approve what he produces before we send off to Land Registry though.

Any specific questions about this? Fire away!

370Z, Fiesta ST2
Can't wait for the progress updates! Have these got to have solar panels on too? Any ground/air source heat pumps? What about EV charge points?

RS4
Amazing work. I followed your last build thread and its great to see somebody doing well for themselves. Your last one was land and this is a redevelopment so abit of a change. Is it your first redevelopment?

How does it work when buying the house and checking to see if you can get planning for it? Do you do a pre-planning application in parallel to buying it? Or after buying it? How do you know what to look for when buying a property to convert? Are certain properties more likely to get approval? What if you buy it and get refused it?