ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Goes Again - Build Progress Thread - 3 New Houses From Scratch

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  182, Ecoboost Fez
Amazing work. I followed your last build thread and its great to see somebody doing well for themselves. Your last one was land and this is a redevelopment so abit of a change. Is it your first redevelopment?

How does it work when buying the house and checking to see if you can get planning for it? Do you do a pre-planning application in parallel to buying it? Or after buying it? How do you know what to look for when buying a property to convert? Are certain properties more likely to get approval? What if you buy it and get refused it?

Is it getting redeveloped or knocked down and starting fresh?

Also in for the updates Euge. Loved the first thread. Would love to do something like this one day but doubt I'd ever have the money to front it.
I'd love to project manage it after having the experience on the tools and various trades.
I love looking at drawings too after doing my HNC in Building Studies.
So please put as many drawings up as you can.

How does it work when buying the house and checking to see if you can get planning for it? Do you do a pre-planning application in parallel to buying it? Or after buying it? How do you know what to look for when buying a property to convert? Are certain properties more likely to get approval? What if you buy it and get refused it?

05E6B320-F856-41DE-837B-6F31D8A2216A.jpeg

The planning department nicknamed him Manilla.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait for the progress updates! Have these got to have solar panels on too? Any ground/air source heat pumps? What about EV charge points?

Yeah, the law has changed again. Instead of 10% renewable energy, its now 20%. We have done the SAP calculations and we can achieve this with solar panels and 7Kw car charger per house.

Amazing work. I followed your last build thread and its great to see somebody doing well for themselves. Your last one was land and this is a redevelopment so abit of a change. Is it your first redevelopment?

Thanks mate. I've done a decent amount of developments since the first thread. Good question. This one I took a punt on. Purchased the bungalow assuming we'd get planning and thankfully I was right. The first thread I did, I purchased that slightly differently. I bought something called an option. Basically means you pay a small amount upfront and the land owner gives you 18 months to get planning. If you get planning then they have to sell you the land at the agreed price. We could pull out regardless but they would keep the small amount we paid.

Is it getting redeveloped or knocked down and starting fresh?

Also in for the updates Euge. Loved the first thread. Would love to do something like this one day but doubt I'd ever have the money to front it.
I'd love to project manage it after having the experience on the tools and various trades.
I love looking at drawings too after doing my HNC in Building Studies.
So please put as many drawings up as you can.

Sure mate. Once I sign off on the technical working drawings. I will post them. Should be this week.

View attachment 1528742

The planning department nicknamed him Manilla.

Lol IF only!!

If you need any help with editing the finished footage @eugegall , I'm happy to offer my services

And capital if you need some 😉

Remember this from 2016?

51063794761_82616bf5a7_b.jpg

JoePeps

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Disappointed no one has been ballsy enough to ask how much profit you’ll make, CS has matured.

How long have you planned for it to take?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks like a nice design. Shame you couldn’t squeeze an ensuite into the mid terrace but the larger bathroom partly makes up for that.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck!

Will the surrounding trees be a problem at all or do you intend to keep them all?
We have permission to remove all of them and to replant with some much nicer stuff.

The big ones on your right are going on the 15th as they are absolute monsters. I will decide the rest as we go mate.

RyG

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Day 2 of demo done and she's flat.

Burnt a lot of the wood on site, removed a couple of trees and had 4, 8 wheel grabs trucks to come take the hardcore away.

Tomorrow we'll get the garage on the left down and then onto removing the old footings, whilst burning the last of the wood!

51101840860_2b1f237922_b.jpg

51101134702_03ce38b847_b.jpg

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Are you allowed to just burn the wood onsite? I know the sites we're on it's a big nono.

Also have you had any sort of worry at this stage that you've flattened the house and need to build the others before there's any more value there?

Edit, always amazes me just how much them diggers can do though!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Are you allowed to just burn the wood onsite? I know the sites we're on it's a big nono.
No restrictions at all. I'm making sure they aren't being silly burning painted wood. The wood we are burning has literally been smoke free which is good!
Also have you had any sort of worry at this stage that you've flattened the house and need to build the others before there's any more value there?
- Really interesting thought process but not at all. The bungalow on its own was probably worth no more than £400k.
- The land with planning is probably worth £800k/£1m to sell on so the value is already there.
- Plus I have a contracts works policy for £500k so if the s**t did hit the fan, they'd pay out more than we have spent anyway.

I like to dot my I's and cross my T's lol.
Edit, always amazes me just how much them diggers can do though!
This one is an absolute beast. Making light work of absolutely everything.

Taking the old footings up tomorrow which will be the biggest test for It yet!

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
That all makes sense.

I'm thinking of the value curve taking a plummet as you drop the bungalow but if you've already got the planning and added value of the land I guess it never really drops below the value of the investment.

I know I'd start getting financial anxiety about now wondering all the "what if's" etc.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
That all makes sense.

I'm thinking of the value curve taking a plummet as you drop the bungalow but if you've already got the planning and added value of the land I guess it never really drops below the value of the investment.

I know I'd start getting financial anxiety about now wondering all the "what if's" etc.
Na, if you're not stupid, there shouldn't be any issues like that.

We obviously didn't knock it down until we had planning and so on.

Chuckles

ClioSport Moderator
Good work that, I can’t post in here any more as I’m basically green with envy. I don’t have the capital, or means to locate suitable plots to do this and it makes me sad. So I’ll keep reading, but I’m checking out. If you ever want someone to manage one, maybe with an invested stake based upon on time/early delivery, let me know.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  RS4 B7
Excavator has only been there two hours but the lads are cracking on.

We are recycling everything we can.

Wood

Hardcore
Mixed waste
Copper

Everything is being split into different loads so will take slightly longer than just whipping it down together.

Day 2 of demo done and she's flat.

Burnt a lot of the wood on site, removed a couple of trees and had 4, 8 wheel grabs trucks to come take the hardcore away.

Tomorrow we'll get the garage on the left down and then onto removing the old footings, whilst burning the last of the wood!

Contradiction.

noun

1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.
    "the proposed new system suffers from a set of internal contradictions"

Good work that, I can’t post in here any more as I’m basically green with envy. I don’t have the capital, or means to locate suitable plots to do this and it makes me sad. So I’ll keep reading, but I’m checking out. If you ever want someone to manage one, maybe with an invested stake based upon on time/early delivery, let me know.
..and if @eugegall fancies venturing further north for a project I can help 👍.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Fake it until you make it mate!

You definitely can do it!

..and if @eugegall fancies venturing further north for a project I can help 👍.

Depends on how north lol.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Really impressive for 3 days work! Are they on timed bonuses??
No mate. Day rate but its my brother and his firm doing it.

I arrange and pay for machines and grabs and they supply the labour.

They are doing the groundwork, floor and brickwork too so its in their interest to do it well and quickly. Thats where they will make their real money!

My brother doesn't usually jump on the tools anymore but he couldn't resist playing with the 13 ton machine and flattening a bungalow!