ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Goes Again - Build Progress Thread - 3 New Houses From Scratch

No mate. Day rate but its my brother and his firm doing it.

I arrange and pay for machines and grabs and they supply the labour.

They are doing the groundwork, floor and brickwork too so its in their interest to do it well and quickly. Thats where they will make their real money!

My brother doesn't usually jump on the tools anymore but he couldn't resist playing with the 13 ton machine and flattening a bungalow!
And that's where having family and friend in the trade(s) pays off 👌

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Not such a smooth day today unfortunately.

Good news is - site is totally cleared now. The bungalow and its garage have been totally demolished and removed from site.

Bad news is - We were meant to get the footings up today however they are a minimum of 1.5/2 meters deep and aren't going anywhere with the equipment we have. We thought they would be sooo much smaller and if we could dig along side them, get the small bucket underneath the 13 ton machine would be plenty to get them out in pieces, Not the case.

Plan - We have another smaller excavator coming tomorrow with a pecker attached so first thing Monday we can break them out properly.

51105528431_ac26804580_b.jpg

51105487013_1c947321b8_b.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Progress was much better yesterday.

By close of play tomorrow we should have all footings out, broken up and taken away ready for the monster trees to come down on Thursday.

Big scrape and clear up Friday then we should be ready for footings. There will be a few weeks between the two though. At least whilst we finish technical details on ground works.

51114056515_c4eb43339e_b.jpg

51112705212_f409a18a5e_b.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t think I’ve ever felt so excited about a project I have absolutely no involvement in, other than reading your updates.

I blame lockdown 😂
Haha I'm pretty excited myself to be honest. Good project to keep me busy this summer.

I don't do very well at all being locked down with nothing to do.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Finally getting somewhere with these footings.

We hired this absolutely monster breaker (pecker) to smash up these strips of footings for us. Not knowing how successful it would be but wow, what an absolute beast. Made super light work of the footings. Honestly its about 7 feet tall. HUGE!

We had 3 grabs worth go today.

Tomorrow the last footing pile will be broken and grabbed by lunch.
Then a little backfill with over site soil removed from the higher part of the site.
Also the MONSTER trees are coming down. Cant wait for that one to happen!

So in theory by close of play tomorrow all footing out and gone, trees down and gone.

Leaving Friday to dig out roots or trees and to level the site best we can ready for the main build.

51115186172_578225ab48_b.jpg

51115186112_5d1df91049_b.jpg

51116546230_7a896b1ecd_b.jpg

51116546170_f7b3ac0440_b.jpg

51116546010_ddb136bbe2_b.jpg

51115748076_009b34a35e_b.jpg

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Site is pretty much ready now for footings. As said this won't start for a few weeks whilst we work out details and setup health and safety on site.

Massive few days. All trees down and out including stumps apart from the large trees. Going to have to get professional in to handle the stump on that one.

Few piles ready to be grabbed next week and she'll be totally empty.

We've actually levelled the site a bit too! It was 1.5 meters higher on right hand side compared to left so we halved that but it does run down a hill so can't remove totally.

The trees being dropped was fun to watch.

This was before and after. Two days apart from picture 1 and picture 2.
51121182674_2c27e085fd_b.jpg

51121440856_c8f2ae5229_b.jpg

51122229485_8cab8f906b_b.jpg

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  182, Ecoboost Fez
Would it have been a good idea to keep the trees for privacy given the other houses at the back? I’d rather look at the trees than some more houses.
I'm sure new ones will be planted.

Those trees were huge

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
I’ve always wondered how much it actually costs to build a house, separate to the cost of the land. Our extension was about £35k and is probably about half the size of the original house.

@eugegall how much are you expecting the construction of each property to cost.

pm me if your prefer, or tell me to mind my own business 😂😂

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Would it have been a good idea to keep the trees for privacy given the other houses at the back? I’d rather look at the trees than some more houses.

Honestly, we tried but they were all really manky and were never looked after. We have a full planting schedule to soften everything. May get that done at the end of summer so they have 6 months to grow before they hit the market in May, next year.

I’ve always wondered how much it actually costs to build a house, separate to the cost of the land. Our extension was about £35k and is probably about half the size of the original house.

@eugegall how much are you expecting the construction of each property to cost.

pm me if your prefer, or tell me to mind my own business 😂😂

It's way too area specific to nail down a price. For example you can buy a 4 bed detached brand new build for £200k up north but to build that house down here in Surrey, It'll cost the best part of that to build it, let alone make a profit from the thing plus land cost.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
That's very cool, are you selling them from plan or waiting to be built? Also does the larger build next door and behind not worry you in terms of sales etc?

Aaron..

ClioSport Club Member
That's very cool, are you selling them from plan or waiting to be built? Also does the larger build next door and behind not worry you in terms of sales etc?
They look like housing estate builds. Detached and a 3 house terrace to the right, and two lots of 2 house semi above?

RS4
Didnt the company developing the properties at the rear have an interest in buying the plot your building on before you did? or did you own it before they had their plot?

Im sure it would have been considered by them at the time

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got any idea how we can setup this time lapse properly? We're having a mare.

A mate of mine does CCTV and has setup the existing camera with a chip in it but it doesn't let us take the images off so we're really stuck.

Is there any easier way to do it?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Didnt the company developing the properties at the rear have an interest in buying the plot your building on before you did? or did you own it before they had their plot?

Im sure it would have been considered by them at the time
The seller at the time wasn't interested in selling to them but they weren't interested either to be fair.

These developers buy sites for pennies compared to what he got from us so win win for him and us. Everyone is happy.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
How’s it coming along?
Are you affected by any of the current material shortage situation?
We're not starting until next week and as It stands its mostly only concrete that is difficult to get. Fingers crossed that by the time we need some, it'll be good again.

Current state of site.

51159251182_1818ce9a4d_b.jpg

51161022220_f81ac356c5_b.jpg

51159913651_1217f55233_b.jpg