ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Furniture / Decor Thread

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Hi folks,

With the DIY thread going on, I thought it may be a good idea to have a dedicated furniture thread, as I cant be the only one constantly on the lookout for new stuff. I also love perving on other's styles and taking inspiration from them.

Anyone got anything new incoming?

Where do you like to buy from/favourite websites?

Any cool upcycling/DIY furniture projects?

It may also be interesting to hear recent experiences from vendors in term of lead times etc. For example, I ordered this from Cox & Cox before Xmas with early Jan delivery, but after they delayed their lead time twice I did a bit more hunting. Managed to find the same lamp here for a hell of a lot cheaper, and got delivered a week later.

Disclaimer: this may be a massive flop and just turns out to be me ranting to myself about various light fittings and scatter cushions.

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Nice stuff on there @Cookie

I'm currently looking for a shelf with brass touches for the spare bedroom/office, and like these three:

1613990623693.png

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking for new Sofas, Coffee Table and TV Unit.

20210222_122036.jpg

Want something that will tie in better with my Grandads old dresser and the cream stuff we have isn't really doing it and is looking a little tired.

Davyy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Good thread. My house is rather bare.. I know I want more ‘stuff’ for it to look stylish etc, but no idea what I want/need.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

For all your house plants needs 🙌🏻😂

Love repurposing stuff where I can, or just tidying up stuff - bought a badly painted blanket chest thing which for £30 and a decent sand is now a coffee table and my dinning table is the old front door of the big country house my old firm was based out of! Four hairpin legs and a sand and wax.

My house is far from stylish/on trend but I love it - not sure how I’d cope having to live with someone and their “stuff”?!

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Good thread. My house is rather bare.. I know I want more ‘stuff’ for it to look stylish etc, but no idea what I want/need.

Pinterest and IG are good for getting ideas tbh.

Swoon Editions and Atkin & Thyme are always the first places I look. Cox & Cox have some nice stuff in, but I’ve been disappointed with their service before.

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T

I'm currently looking for a shelf with brass touches for the spare bedroom/office, and like these three:

View attachment 1523047

Similar to what I'm after for my bedroom. Got grey bed/carpet/curtains and do not want grey walls got enough of that. So thinking white/pale ivory and brass touches,

But for now..
IMG20210223103020.jpg

Rob G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Have just finished re-decorating my office.
Want to get a comfy chair of some kind for sitting and listening to music in, but very happy with the transformation from what was a boring magnolia room last week!
7E83952D-5AA0-4EAC-B2C5-59CCC21BB58D.jpeg
F5A392D6-1685-4F42-92EE-50615A453937.jpeg
F653E760-5B3F-4F4F-9AF0-3567B858BC4C.jpeg

Liamm

ClioSport Club Member
  09 astra 1.6 T

View attachment 1523047

You'll be pleased to know B&M has the ones on the right for £7-12, two different sizes lol
And a similar one to the one on the left too! (Which I bought 2 of!)
*Awaits the grief for going B&M*

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
You'll be pleased to know B&M has the ones on the right for £7-12, two different sizes lol
And a similar one to the one on the left too! (Which I bought 2 of!)
*Awaits the grief for going B&M*

Never heard of it? Is it linked with Harrods?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered these today.

Screenshot_20210227-132439_Chrome.jpg

3 + 2 seater, Wanted something very plain and simple this time around.

This will stay as a splash of colour.

20210227_132647.jpg

But this was bought years ago which was style over comfort and will either be sold or moved to the bedroom or somewhere.

20210227_132713.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you buy a sofa without sitting on it?

We did a brief browse last year when shops were open but had no exact measurements at the time so just remembered the range name and that it was comfortable.

Issue is the wife is due in June so if we waited until the stores were open we'd probably have an extra human in the house before they got delivered