ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Furniture / Decor Thread

Davyy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can they be easily removed/fully retracted? We have blinds around the house and I hate when they’re down and open.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Can they be easily removed/fully retracted? We have blinds around the house and I hate when they’re down and open.

I think the ones we're getting priced up will fold out of the way somewhat with 3 panels going one way and 2 the other.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  A35 AMG
Im having 3 windows done this month (ordered just before Christmas) by Hilarys - £1600

He had a cool visualisation programme

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Can't see the video.

Think our 1 window is costing £1000.

The kitchen/diner has 4 windows hence us not getting these done throughout as would cost a small fortune.

terryc101

ClioSport Club Member
We've cheaped out a bit on the kitchen/diner and stair windows with painted wooden blinds from blings2go as shutters are far from cheap.

We‘ve done all ours through blinds2go so far and they‘ve been spot on fit and quality wise for the money.

Wish we could have gone shutters but 4 bays to the front made that a very expensive dream.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Im having 3 windows done this month (ordered just before Christmas) by Hilarys - £1600

He had a cool visualisation programme

View attachment 1524889

Hard to see the video, but is that for shutters!?

We just had a virtual appointment with Dunelm for shutters and blinds...

£2,945 for shutters
£1,105 for blinds

That's 3 windows. Definitely going for blinds at those prices, I like shutters, but not 3x as much!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  A35 AMG
Hard to see the video, but is that for shutters!?

We just had a virtual appointment with Dunelm for shutters and blinds...

£2,945 for shutters
£1,105 for blinds

That's 3 windows. Definitely going for blinds at those prices, I like shutters, but not 3x as much!
Annoying that the video doesn’t play, but yes that’s for shutters, I guess it depends on the size of your window

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Snap.

I had shutters installed in my last place 18 months ago, and having them here this month.

Tip, check out your local one man band.

In my old place, I was quoted over £4k by Hilarys. Ended up paying £1500 for the local fella.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone ordered from Tikamoon.com ?

Liking some of their stuff but it's not cheap and don't know of the quality.

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Guys, anyone know anywhere I can get custom stone/marble offcuts?

Really want a marble top for my shoe rack, but can’t seem to find a supplier who cuts it that small.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Bedroom Furniture Ordered.

View attachment 1524691View attachment 1524692View attachment 1524693

Apparently a 1 week wait on the wardrobe and 8 weeks on the rest 🙄

Just been emailed to advise they have no stock and this line has been discontinued.

Everything else comes in a good chunk more expensive so time to start searching again.

We have however ordered a new TV Unit and Coffee Table.

Screenshot_20210313-215658_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210313-215713_Chrome.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Guys, anyone know anywhere I can get custom stone/marble offcuts?

Really want a marble top for my shoe rack, but can’t seem to find a supplier who cuts it that small.

I guess @Rob can help, If not @Bubbles advised most kitchen/worktop suppliers have a lot of off cuts that they'd no doubt be willing to sell.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

For all your house plants needs 🙌🏻😂

Had a manly morning picking loads of new plants off this site.
Go to order and it won't let me, Can only presume it doesn't know my house exists as just keeps telling me invalid fields and shock horror no actual number to call to get it resolved.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Had a manly morning picking loads of new plants off this site.
Go to order and it won't let me, Can only presume it doesn't know my house exists as just keeps telling me invalid fields and shock horror no actual number to call to get it resolved.
Oh that’s annoying!! New build perils!!

MarcJP

ClioSport Club Member
  E-Cab
Link for the brackets?
I bought them ages ago (they were in the living room, now the downstairs bathroom), I got them off eBay, of all places! Linky:

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
I have 11 in the living room.... I live alone 🤣

some of them will end up in the bathroom when it’s finished....

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Nursery is coming along after a day of flat-pack building.

View attachment 1529695
View attachment 1529696
View attachment 1529697

Just need to dress the room now, Ordered a blind and some artwork so just need some shelves and maybe a big plant in the corner.

Struggling to find any shelves we like to go in here, 70/80cm long roughly.

Not a fan of floating modern style shelves and worry about the weight bearing on such narrow brackets.

The furniture range is 'Ash' but obviously a veneer.