ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House alarm system

What’s the best solution currently for DIY installation?

Either a wireless or hybrid system - new wireless sensors but using some of the existing wired sensors (I’ll replace the sensors).

App notifications when it’s triggered, calls/text to multiple people a bonus.
Remote access to arm/disarm/check status.

Decent wireless range as I want to pick up a detached garage.

More than 1 outside bell box so I can fit one on the garage.

More than 1 keypad.

Good option of sensors such as windows, doors, maybe option to connect to smoke alarm.

(Bonus if comes with tripwires and C4)

Rob G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
We've got a Yale system, and pleased with it. All devices wireless connect to the hub (which is hardwired to our router) so can easily add additional devices to the network.
You get app notifications for arm/disarm and when triggered it sends a text also (I think both myself and my wife will get the text so possible to add more than one number)

370Z, Fiesta ST2
Yale EF (Easy Fit) covers all your requirements I think. Has loads of accessories and the smart version can be controlled by phone. Only thing Yale doesn't do well (currently at least) is any video based stuff, they haven't had the memo that it is possible to have better cameras than 0.3MP in 2021

andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Ordered this yesterday for the mother in law, with a few extra bits.

Just the base model

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If you must, pyronix enforcer

Least it's a proper system - ie graded components if installed by a recognised company

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS280
Got to love CS, someone asks question, chap who installs works with alarms for a living gives opinion, gets questioned :)

Got to love CS, someone asks question, chap who installs works with alarms for a living gives opinion, gets questioned :)
Who installs alarms? I was asking JohnnyE and Gaz about the Pyronix Enforcer. How do I know if they install alarms?

Never mind I’ll just read up on Pyronix close thread to keep Steve happy.

andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Who installs alarms? I was asking JohnnyE and Gaz about the Pyronix Enforcer. How do I know if they install alarms? Hence asking a few more questions... But don’t worry you’ve had some likes 👍🏻 Never mind I’ll read up on Pyronix close thread to keep Steve happy
What can't the yale do that you want?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why do you say if I must? What’s the benefit of using graded components, insurance?
If being installed by an approved installer yes.
Graded means it meets all the relevent British and European insurance standards - so piece of mind this kit does what it's supposed to if installed correctly

The other systems mentioned are DIY (ring / Yale) No issue if that's all you want, but don't meet any security standards, ie ring won't notify with no network (unless you take their cellular option at extra costs) Yale is either old wireless tech alarms were using 20 years ago, or the smart stuff again won't notify without your network - no power and / or internet and it's useless really

Think of these more self alert / notify systems. Depends what you're trying to achieve 👍

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Imo Ring door bells are sound done a few now for friends and family no issues they do what they say on the box......

Done a job last week and the owner fitted 3 ring cameras around his house and they were alright during the day never seen a night time pic....

370Z, Fiesta ST2
If being installed by an approved installer yes.
Graded means it meets all the relevent British and European insurance standards - so piece of mind this kit does what it's supposed to if installed correctly

The other systems mentioned are DIY (ring / Yale) No issue if that's all you want, but don't meet any security standards, ie ring won't notify with no network (unless you take their cellular option at extra costs) Yale is either old wireless tech alarms were using 20 years ago, or the smart stuff again won't notify without your network - no power and / or internet and it's useless really

Think of these more self alert / notify systems. Depends what you're trying to achieve 👍
What do you mean about notify without network? Do the other systems have an inbuilt sim card?

I don't declare house alarm on my home insurance - that way if you forget to put it on and the house gets broken in to, the insurance can't squirm their way out (y)

andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yale rely on Internet only, so no Internet no notifications. But your alarm bell will still go off