ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

im sure i’ll get flamed but....

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

i got my 172 back from richy on friday, his williams was dead, and ive just took it out now. its the first time ive drove it for a good few months and the driving position felt awful!!

The car is still great fun but i just couldnt get over how far of central all the pedals are!!!

Does anybody else agree or is it just because ive been driving another car for so long and forgot about it!

Youve got used to another car so its different i.e. you think its awful.

I love the driving position in my valver but then Ive spent almost 3years getting used to it lol!

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 02 May 2005

i got my 172 back from richy on friday, his williams was dead, and ive just took it out now. its the first time ive drove it for a good few months and the driving position felt awful!!

The car is still great fun but i just couldnt get over how far of central all the pedals are!!!

Does anybody else agree or is it just because ive been driving another car for so long and forgot about it!

yeh i agree, the renault sports are crap , the only thing they got going for them is speed, and possibly handling :devilish:

Yaris Hybrid

Much as I hate the driving position, I have absolutely no problem with the pedals being off centre. I have never even noticed it.

I dont like the seat height although this is not in anyway a problem as it doesnt affect my ability to drive the car in the slightest.

My only problem is that if I adjust my seating position so that my legs are stretched out at the right angle, the gear stick and steering wheel are too far away. This makes changing into first gear awkward and you have to adopt the upright seating position so that you can grab the gear stick and wheel properly.

Weeman sucks ****

youve been driving a focus RS mate, say no more. i find the rsports ok apart the steering wheels a bit bus like and the gear lever seems miles away!

at the end of the day its a 12 grand car.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 02 May 2005

My only problem is that if I adjust my seating position so that my legs are stretched out at the right angle, the gear stick and steering wheel are too far away. This makes changing into first gear awkward and you have to adopt the upright seating position so that you can grab the gear stick and wheel properly.
me too, if i get comfy in the seat i cant reach the gear stick as well as id like!!

I never loved the seating position of the clio but i never remember the gearstick been so far away! its as if the footwell isnt deep enough!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

^ No cause then the steering wheel is too high.. The ITR is an awsome driving position! Very racey!

its a well known fact, the clio has an aful driving position, the pedals dosit slightly offset to the right compared to many cars, but its not that big a problem