ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing a sony changer

quick question for any ice installation experts here;

Peugeot 106gti (1997 P Reg i.e the pre-leather one)

how the hell do you run the changer cable from the head unit to the boot (and the changer!!)... ????

Im steering clear of sticking the changer under the driver / passenger seats as a. theres not enough clearance and b. the seatbelt pretensioner cables run under there as well...

I can get the cables from the back of the head unit down to the floor level i guess but where the hell would i go next ?

It looks like running along the sides of the car is tricky as the carpet seems firmly attached up to the door sill...

so i guess down the middle i.e past gearbox etc ? or am i barking up the wrong tree here ??

any help would be greatly appreciated

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

not sure about a 106 but in my clio it runs down one side. Just pulled off the plastic trim and stuffed the wires under. At the front I went from the HU under the carpet to the plastic side strips and then under the rear seats and into the boot.

Yeah take out the plastic side trim and the carpet pulls up. While your at it, take out your passenger seat and if you have an amp run your RCA/s down the midlle of the car to stop any interfrearance

Lionel Richie

On the 106, i think you remove the rubber door seal and there are small metal clips that hold the carrpet down. Ping these off, lay the cable, job done