ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

its alive

man finally the beast is back on the road, and it bloody flys, the group N is sooo durable, feels like u can really go to town on it. if anyone is interested, get urself to andyspares and purchase the ren 5 gtt group n for 56 quid......its awesome.

only thing is, is i havent managed to hook up the speedo cable yet :( and ive got a few minor problems occourin.

first one is after u take the revs above 4k, the idle seems to stick at 1500rpm, is this cos of the speedo not bein hooked up?

and the other one is, suddenly its wanting to redline at 7k and not 7800 like it should with the chip.
would this be cos of the speedo not bein plugged in too? i thought maybe id put in the 1.8 ecu by mistake, but if i had im guessing it wouldnt have even fired up?

any help would be much appreciated....

Ray

Dunno about the rev limit, but Id put my house on the sticky idling being the lack of speedo cable.

This sometimes happens when a cable gets kinked or knackered so I spose its the same if no cable is connected

a speedo cable brok on an R19 of mine, simple couldnt get it out where it had snapped in the gear box, and taking the dash out on a 19 what a nightmare, i, glad it gone,

The 1.8 ECU will work OK, but will be light on fuel so beware it might go pop!

lol it deffo aint light on fuel, im gettin 4mpg :eek: but i think thats also cos theres no speedo cable hooked up and it cant read the new mpg it should be gettin.

lofty mate, after it had snapped, how did u get it out, cos the black clips at the gearbox end are sadly no longer with us and the thing wont budge....not to mention its also stuck in the bit behind the heater controls.

anyway, i gota getb on the fone to nick i reckon, see what he had it set at.

Ray

bad news, i simply gave up on the speedo cable it was just too frustrating for me, and that was on a GTS with loads of room. no mattere what i tried i couldnt get it out.

i bought the car to sell so when the new owners came to pick it up i just chucked the new cable in the boot and muttered that i hadnt got chance to fit it yet!;)

they bought it with no speedo, no petrol gauge and no odometer and worse of all no petrol!! but i never heard back from them amazinly, but i did get a £50 deposit from one bloke who never came back! Renaults are dirty, horrible, awfull things. im never buying another

Ray mate you reving problem is down to the speedo cable youve got no choise if you want the revs proper its also the reason for your 4mpg.

cheers everyone, yeah i finally got the speedo cable out of the box. and its only taken me 3 weeks lol

took it to a mate mechanic, and he was muttering about too tricky, not bein able to do it. now bearing in mind ive been tugging and pulling at this cable for 2 weeeks with not a single budge......jamming screwdrivers, molegrips and anything else on it to get it out. he reaches in gently pulls at it and it comes out in his hand - grrrr now what a t**t i felt.

anyway also got the gear selector bush in and the box is super smooth now, i mean really super smooth. just gona fit the new speedo today and its all done.

Tony 16v: actaully mate the clutch is from a volvo turbo, same part for the 5 turbo and the 19 16v williams and clio 16v. very very durable, took my mate out in the beast yesterday and he couldnt believe the difference between hius 19 16v clutch to mine. u can dump the clutch at 4k and it just goes. reverse is a tad tricky sometimes cos u forget thats its gona fly away real quick.

anyway....now its modding time lol

Ray