ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

John Cooper Works

Evo mag this month has proved yet agian how what a waste of money and a total perfromance rip of the John Works pack for the Cooper S is - to start with the cooper is is a rip of and the 7.7 o-62 time (QUOTE FROM EVO) says it all - not exactly a scorcher is it? And now BMW want another £3000 + £600 ftting to get a 0-62 time of 6.7 - HA HA HA - what a laugh , by a cup infact buy two one for your partner and still have about £2000 left , and a quicker car..........they should have done a pink special edition - it would have resembled a farm yard pig exactly, especially with a bit of dirt up its sides and belly!

Ive read in autocar that they think the Cooper Works is actually pretty good. In fact at brands there was a close to standard normal cooper taking on some race specced cars, i was very impressed.

The image is laugable in my opinion, wouldnt be seen dead in one, i cant take them seriously as a performance car.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

for just three posts that is a serious amount of abuse thrown at minis/coopers

Well handled there CooperS-Boy though.. ;)

Okay I am putting my money where my mouth is now seen as I am attending a cliosport RR day this Saturday.

Chesterfield, where this rr day is taking place is not exactly a million miles away from the Peak district where there are some rather tasty roads. There is quite a selection of cars going ranging from 172s, Willys, Cups, Valvers so I think it will be quite interesting to see how my Girly, Ugly, Box like, Slow, w**k handling, measly 163 bhp Cooper S will do against such superior opposition.

Why dont you get yourself along Titsize??

It is an awful sort of metalic Gun Metal colour and sits on absolutley hideous 17 inch Wheels that have absolutley no grip whatsover and the extra 3 kg of them slows the car down so much. 1st gear is demanded to cope with even the easiest of roundabouts otherwise sideways action is almost inevitable.

Well the 17s must have an awful ride, the 16s are as bad as it is, but they look like Venoms so can see why you got the 17s. The turn in, one of the things which makes the mini good is blunted by the 17s also. Shame on you.

Yes it is truely awful Rob. So bad that I breakdown each morning when I have to drive it all 4 miles I have to travel to work.

What would you boys go for? Cooper S or CTR??? All aspects must be accounted for, looks, handling, speed.

Personally i would go for the Cooper S as they look good(better than the ugly thing), they dooo handle well from experience and they may not be rapid, but they are pokey enough before moddifications.

Sorry mate - A/ shopping for new Bras this weekend - and B/Not going over to England to prove what everyone already knows that a standard £12 K car with no girly gadgets in it can beat a heavily modded Cooper S with automatic lipstick and hair curler applicators (costing an optional extra of £995 + VAT, but if you sleep with one of BMW receptionists you might get a fiver off and a free valet) and remember when your at Chesterfield, it aint how much you loose by - loosing is loosing, whether its by a second or a mile...............

As much as I want the Cup/172 to be quicker, Id love it if the Cooper S was the fastest car at the RR, that would soon silence CUPSIZE :eek:

Please post the results of the RR

Dont know - I dont have leather seats and climate control - unless one lives in a country with a variable climate throughout the year then climate control is pretty pointless - it depends what and how much you use your car for - if its every day then luxuries are a good thing but idf its for the weekend mostly for track days or the like then they are pretty pointless. I was referring to the hartge or Works kit you told everyone you had or where getting? If its standard then I wouldnt go up with the strip with a cup (even a standard one) or with Paddys 172............lol

I think Paddys going to the RR day on Saturday?? What have I got to loose driving a slow puffs car that cant handle? Might as well have a pop.

The Hartge kit is being fitted the 22nd of this Month.

lol - never heard that expression before -thats the bollox is one we would use over here! Or the dogs danglys or if your addressing someone it would be ...."yes - monkeys wane....." lol Actually meant however, there aint any real world difference in performance between a cooper S or Cup, but a 2.0 supercharged Cooper S should defo be considered - that would pretty much be the nail on the coffin for all other hot hatches!