ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking sound on my Cup

Evening,

Keep getting a knocking/rattling sound which I also feeling through the steering wheel when I drive fast around roundabouts. It never happens on open road bends such as A/B roads, only when steering tightly around something.

Full on acceleration and braking it fine - no noise.

Can anyone help please.

my cup does it as well it is only at lowish speeds and over little bumps like a knocking noise,

she is going in on monday to be looked at

Tom

Power steering is fine. Everything seems to be ok apart from the knocking as I said above.

Renault have looked at it and cant find a problem - typical.

Ive got this but dont know what it is - finally worked out that going fast around mini roundabouts makes the noise so Im going to tell the dealer next time its in......

It bugs me tho!

:(

Just had a thought - I know its not the weather for pushing it but does the noise occur in the wet? If not could it be a bush of some sort, like the front anti-roll bar ones?

Mine too, low speed corners with roughish surface taken aggressively with about half a turn on the steering wheel. Ive been wondering what it is, could it be a "feature" of the cars?

My Cup does the same and my old Megane Coupe did it for all of the three years i owned it and nenver had any problems.

Must be a feature of Renaults

thanx for responses.

It sounds like a feature of the car if this happens to everyone. Its like the annoying thud when putting into first gear at standstill or reverse for that matter.

I get the same on full lock to the right and going over bumps. Its more of a squeaky knock, if that makes sense.

Clio v6

I get a rattling from my cup too, but I found out it was bad nerves. It was only the saucer hitting the cup.

Sorry couldnt resist

Its the limited slip diff - not like a quaife one on the Focus RS ,but same principle - cuts in too put the most power/grip on the wheel on the inside of the corner or outside depending on curve direction of corner! The knocking is the system working..............

I had a knocking sound the other day. Low and behold it was only the flamin devil who had jumped down on my car!

Anyway, my missus being a religous bird said "Quick Sangy, show him your cross!"

So I leaned out the window and shouted "Oi, get the fcuk off my car!"

Ohhh, the old ones get me every time!

Quote: Originally posted by CUPSIZE? on 22 January 2003

Its the limited slip diff - not like a quaife one on the Focus RS ,but same principle - cuts in too put the most power/grip on the wheel on the inside of the corner or outside depending on curve direction of corner! The knocking is the system working..............

CupSize - Could you elaborate on this please........ta!

Arjun