ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

larger bore cylinder

the 1.4 8V engine has water jackets/liners instead of a solid block. I was just wondering if anybody know if it was possible/safe to bore out these liners to get a larger capacity?

when i was speaking to nick he seemed like, for tuning, the 1.4 was the best thing since sliced bread. definetly give him a ring.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Also got me thinking could a larger injector be used?
And/or the fuel regulator be modified?

the 1.4 engine is the worlds most simple engine and can benifit from mods big stylee. I shouild be soon buying darrens motor off him and strapping on a full race system w/side exit to cut out the over rear axle bit, and tubular manifold. Darren has got a 1.8 lagina injection sytem on his (the single point injection) but the manifold is still not very good in terms of flow, i will be looking into a weber alpha or carb setup with twin choke carbs to feed each cylinder to match flow rates.
i was just wondering about the bore increase as this would help tumble in the cylinders as the cylinder wall wont impose on the mixture exiting the nearside of the inlet valve.
i want to get 100bhp/ltre out of it reliably......but he has done so much work to it already i dont want to blow it up or anything, just make the most powerfult 1.4 8V in the UK

Forget boring out the liners of your 1.4 after all youve still only got the same stroke. We have just fitted a 1.6 megane engine into our dev car and it should be up and runing soon. Recon it might just suprise a few.