ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Water Bottle - common

Ok, it looks like my water bottle is leaking as everything I get into the car its empty, I believe this is a common problem and will be replaced under warranty? Does anyone know where the actual leak will be so I can take a look myself? Thx

Subaru WRX

Yeah its quite common, when it first happened to mine about 5 months ago quite a few people responded saying it had happened to them. It was replaced under warrenty by Renault Birmingham, the only problem was thay had for a day to find the problem ( even though I had told them what it was ) then had to have it back another day because they had to order the part in !! Had no problems since !!

I was told by renaul that it was a crack in the moulding on the bottle. was going to look at it myself but couldnt be ars*d to take the wipers off !!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its a nightmare job,so let renault do it.I saw mine with the bonnet off, the wipers and then wires everywhere...I think its all to do with the extra swing on the wipers that gives them the headache.But yes get them to order the part first or fill up your bottle in the showroom to convince them its leaking.

Ian

Mk2 172 (Silver)

mine too.

renault fixed it under warranty and had it for half a day....all is well at the mo....anyone had theirs go a second time??