ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leeds_182 Volvo Thread

Three bulbs, a horn and a rack gaitor isn't the end of the world...

Repair immediately (major defects):​

• Offside Side repeater not working (4.4.1 (a) (ii))
  • Horn not working (7.7 (a) (ii))
  • Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (3.5 (a))
  • Rear fog lamp does not emit a steady red light (4.5.4 (a))
  • Nearside Front Steering rack gaiter missing or no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):​

• Nearside Rear Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (b) (i))

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Three bulbs, a horn and a rack gaitor isn't the end of the world...

Repair immediately (major defects):​

• Offside Side repeater not working (4.4.1 (a) (ii))
  • Horn not working (7.7 (a) (ii))
  • Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (3.5 (a))
  • Rear fog lamp does not emit a steady red light (4.5.4 (a))
  • Nearside Front Steering rack gaiter missing or no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):​

• Nearside Rear Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (b) (i))

Horn was working as well! I should be able to get the rest sorted fairly easily.

I think the smoke issues could be the turbo though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Horn was working as well! I should be able to get the rest sorted fairly easily.

I think the smoke issues could be the turbo though.
Can’t be that hard/expensive though surely? I can’t see the engine bay being tight for space 😂

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just a little bit of light smoke. Nothing to worry about….

DE9F11A6-C036-4AC2-8476-F75B1EC22557.jpeg

Steve_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I honestly didn't recognise you without the big dirty beard, did your wife have her way?

Steve_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Is it any good?
Plus, there's 3 events. Wings & Wheels on Wednesday (entry FOC), Curry & Classics on Thursday (again, entry FOC) and Cars & Coffee on Sunday morning (£2-3 entry if I believe).

Last night's event was the first Curry/Classics night (they ran out of curry) which was definitely very busy, I'm not entirely sure if it's weekly just yet like the other two.

Cribert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I don’t get those mot fails. You’re obviously a petrol head. Before any mot I give my car a look over. Having it fail for half of those things would irritate the hell out of me

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don’t get those mot fails. You’re obviously a petrol head. Before any mot I give my car a look over. Having it fail for half of those things would irritate the hell out of me
I did, the horn worked, the window washer worked, I missed the side repeater admittedly but that’s about it.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
  NORTHERN MONKEY
Does the oil feed have a restrictor in place ?
when does it smoke ? cold start / hot start ? on boost / off throttle coasting ?