ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nut

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Can anybody help, I was looking at removing the alloys on a Clio which I just got but have not seen these locking wheel bolts before. Although the attachment connects okay once trying to remove it keeps slipping.

IMG_20240924_132859.jpg
IMG_20240924_132905.jpg

Same on both front wheels, assume the same on the back.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I had a mare with mine - lost the locking key - I had the floating collar design. You might be able to hammer a socket over that or use one of those locking wheel nut removal sockets from Amazon.

It might help if you torque the other bolts up a bit more first before you try it.

I messed around with mine too much and just couldn't get enough power behind the chisel. Hit the back of my hand more than once with a fooking big hammer.

In the end, I took it to work and the techie used one of those hydraulic chisel ugger duggers to get it to spin first, then it came off with a socket.