ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lotus Emira

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Seen the photos, the first few videos dropping today. Wondering what other people think.

First off. It looks nice. But maybe not as extreme looking as some of lotus products of past.

Performance wise it will be about the same as the current Exige.

Apparently a big step up in quality. Better interior. Cup holders. Sat nav.

The headline was the option of the AMG 2ltr turbo with DSG box. Having never driven the Toyota V6 I can’t really comment. But on paper there isn’t much in it. Also if I was buying a lotus I would want a manual with that exposed linkage they do so well.

All for £60k. Which I wouldn’t fork out but seems decent value for the performance. And probably the last ICE car lotus will build.

f5d70e616f79b089cb244b60c64913a9.jpg

feb8c1233355aec649f4ab4a2581d269.jpg

d543f2d87a9a8dd0c99f6da001decf52.jpg

ae6070c7c1dafe89476e36e4ece4a5f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They've done well! Not many manufacturers manage to make a modern car that good looking especially following an icon. That's a good design.

Great price. Especially V6 and also an auto with cracking AMG lump.

Will be a great drive.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Combos are a bit meh though, V6 is manual or torque converter, and if you want the dual clutch you have to have the 2.0.

Not that I'll probably ever be able to afford one, but I'd want the dual clutch with the V6, so RIP me.

Then again, I'd want the V6 for noise, but it might sound s**t, because most cars post PPF do.

Porl

ClioSport Club Member
The v6 probably won't last very long as it's killed off by emissions regs. Lotus will squeeze some more power out of the AMG 4 pot and the v6 will be forgotten quickly imo.
It's a great looking car, full on mini super car looks about it and the interior looks great too. I hope they sell lots.

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Amazing thing. V6 and manual for me please.

Proper hydraulic steering too.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Combos are a bit meh though, V6 is manual or torque converter, and if you want the dual clutch you have to have the 2.0.

Not that I'll probably ever be able to afford one, but I'd want the dual clutch with the V6, so RIP me.

Then again, I'd want the V6 for noise, but it might sound s**t, because most cars post PPF do.

I thought the same. Then when you think about where they are pitching the car and it’s direct rivals. The alpine a110 and the entry level Porsche Cayman I think the amg 2.0ltr turbo with the dsg will be the cheaper option and the best seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Money is good just now also, hence the car market, many many folk wanting this car. Well done Lotus, not easy bringing out new cars when you are a manufacturer like that.

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looking forward to seeing some more focused models of the Emira. Huge wang and splitter FTW

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks the b****cks! Really really like that.

Shame I’ll never be able to afford one. 😂

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised I've never seen one out being tested as I used to drive past the factory every day.

Lovely looking thing.