ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lotus Emira

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My little brother and 3 friends, paid their deposits yesterday already.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
2 of my customers on Thursday Friday done the same. Both have owned Lotus' previously but have a number of cars.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182 FF
Im really hoping the man maths on this works.....Im thinking wait 2 years after they launch. Pick up a decent spec one for 35k ish and then just run it to the moon. Saw it yesterday in the flesh and boy oh boy. As James May would say 'It gave me the fizz'

whereislee

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
the blue in the flesh was amazing! the grey one they used for the hill climb didn't really do it for me. Great design non the less and a great leap forward from the Evora. Interesting that the 4 banger is going to have more power than the V6.

Matt W

ClioSport Club Member
  Suzuki Jimny
Im really hoping the man maths on this works.....Im thinking wait 2 years after they launch. Pick up a decent spec one for 35k ish and then just run it to the moon. Saw it yesterday in the flesh and boy oh boy. As James May would say 'It gave me the fizz'

35k after two years? Dreaming!

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
depending on production meeting orders placed, I’d bet they will be not much less than list price after two years.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

Mate lotus used pricing is witchcraft. You won’t get a second hand one for less 60k after two years. IMO.

Sidnancy

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182 FF
You guys are proper pissing on my bonfire looooool. How do Lotus manage to keep their used cars so well priced damn it.

So basically order one now, pay the pcp for a while and cash out at the same price I paid for it. Man maths reigns once again

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  S3
Saw that earlier. Are people getting bored of him yet? I don't know how many videos a person can watch about someone buying a car - if he is even buying them.
Liked his vids back in the day but stopped after he got rid of his first 675LT, just got insane with the churn and he barely drove the more interesting ones.

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
As long as they don't start doing crazy deals to shift cars, the value will be held well. Look at the Alpine A110, cheapest one on AT has only lost £2500 in 2 years

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t know if anyone seen the programme on channel 4 at the weekend.

Seen 'Lotus: A New Dawn'? Watch it here on All 4:

Seen bits of the story already through the Emira press release but still worth a watch.

What was interesting is how the expansion to treble production means outsourcing a lot of work that used to be done in house. Not sure how I feel about people being brought in from the trim shop to build engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Yeah that part of the show was weird.

Esp when it was done on a stripped down crate engine, which would have had all those parts fitted to it on delivery.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Lotus updated the configurator today with U.K. pricing.

First edition V6 manual coming in at £75k before options.

The merc i4 turbo will be available autumn next year with the £60k base model available in 2023.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
No way would I buy one of these in the first couple of years of production. Lotus always quietly iterate and fix their initial car problems, but it takes them a while.

Hopefully they hit the values of the Evora :)

Yeah I think it will be interesting to see how it goes with the production quality of this new car.

They are massively scaling up in terms of personnel. And they are outsourcing elements that make sense. Like a proper car maker.

So they might be better with quality and quicker to fix issues. Only time will tell though.