ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD

Williams 2, STi N12

No Im not harping back to my youth and those little paper squares, or the black microdots!!

Thinking of putting one in my Willy but not sure what type to go for, has anybody looked into this and/or tried it??

Williams 2, STi N12

Surely there must be somebody that has thought of this?? I mean think of the time that would be shaved from your laptimes!

Yep i have thought long and hard about it and im gonna go for it as soon as ive got the cash. I was looking at a Qauife one. I think it is around the £500-600 mark then youve gotta get it fitted. so by the time youve finished its about an £800-£1000 job.

Id love a 6 speed seqential box to go with it but my budget really wont stretch to that.......lol

Dazz

Unless your planning on rallying or serious competition, the Quaife ATB (Automatic Torque Biasing) diff is the one to go for. Instead of using clutch plates it uses a non maintenance gearing system to re-route the power to the wheel with the most grip. We use one on the Nova, and as well as reducing spin on pull away, it reduces understeer when accelerating out of bends. It is unbelievable how much difference it made.

M.C.

Are you saying that you are unsure where it is on the car, or unsure why u would need one?

It is built into the FD on the gearbox. The output shaft drives the diff round, and the two drive shafts fir into either side of it.

Normally with big power front wheel drive if you nail it out of a bend, the wheels will spin and the front will drift out. With the diff if you feel it starting to drift, plant the power and it draws the front back into line (to an extent).

M.C.

http://www.quaife.co.uk/index2.htm

thats the quaife site

no clios are listed, the only renault is the Renault 30 / Alpine (UN1 gearbox)

but it does say - If the one you require is not listed - please contact us and if we have not manufactured it yet, QUAIFE will look into the possibilities of manufacturing a batch for you.

so maybe the 16v/williams/172 owners could do seperate group buys if enough people are interested?

Williams 2, STi N12

Why wouldnt you recommend the plate type? Because they work under braking as well?? Or purely because the other is better?

I have seen a LSD for the Williams for sale in the back of Motoring news but I have forgotten the name of the company, but at least they exist. About 800 quid seems right.