ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke’s E90 M3

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

1626870459220.png

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
You can
Yeah, I keep on flittering between to be honest.

The main pro for the 220’s that are on there currently is the fact that they are forged.

However:

The main issue with the above is that the genuine wheels are 1) about £2k used and 2) rare to come up for sale.

Lots of the guys on Cutter run reps, as they are identical to OEM including offset. But they’re heavier than the forged 220’s that are currently on.

It does look very good but you can't go putting chinesium wheels on it..😄

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I know a guy
Have a look at Apex EC7. In 18 x 10…..and some chunky rubber.

I think they look a nice blend of “race / OEM” but slightly different to the M359 ones.

The Apex look great, the guy who worked on my Megane had a set on his supercharged E90 actually.

They’re just a little too aftermarket for me I think!

I’m now slightly leaning towards just refurbing these that are on 🤣

BoostedSi

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Great purchase. I originally wanted an E90 but could never find the right spec. Lovely car and I would definitely put some comp wheels on it. That with a front splitter and a plenum and your done 😋

Like @Strell says there is an endless supply of aftermarket goodies to tempt you with these things. A plenum will change your life tho...the noise is epic!!

Subscribed 😎

Luke

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
@BoostedSi I’ve recently gone over yours and @Strell’s threads recently and sold myself on a plenum. Doing some research on which one now. Yours looks epic btw mate, such a great colour.

I’m torn with comp wheels, genuinely!

I can’t believe it took me this long to buy one. I keep on finding excuses to just go for a drive, I’ve never had this with a car.

I’m also trying to get used to the throttle response coming from a turbo’d car, it’s pretty savage 😂

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  M3 CS / 1/29 PB 182
Karbonius if you want power, Evolve if you want residuals and Carbon Klasse if you want value for money.

If you want competition wheel replicas go CM Wheel high offset sidings in bright silver.

A lot of love for E9X M3’s, I’ll have another at some point - probably not as lairy as my last one though!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Congratulations mate, that is a beaut! :LOL: I certainly wouldn't want to be changing too much on that, just a bit of TLC and maybe some OEM+ type upgrades. Or whatever the young'uns call it these days.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Karbonius if you want power, Evolve if you want residuals and Carbon Klasse if you want value for money.

If you want competition wheel replicas go CM Wheel high offset sidings in bright silver.

A lot of love for E9X M3’s, I’ll have another at some point - probably not as lairy as my last one though!

Knowing BMW, CM Wheels are probably stronger than OEM too 😂

BoostedSi

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
@BoostedSi I’ve recently gone over yours and @Strell’s threads recently and sold myself on a plenum. Doing some research on which one now. Yours looks epic btw mate, such a great colour.

I’m torn with comp wheels, genuinely!

I can’t believe it took me this long to buy one. I keep on finding excuses to just go for a drive, I’ve never had this with a car.

I’m also trying to get used to the throttle response coming from a turbo’d car, it’s pretty savage 😂
Yes I can definitely relate to the excuses to go for a drive...they certainly get under your skin. Plenum wise @-Rob makes some great points. For me it would be mine or Carbon Klasse as I prefer the look at the fact the retain the lower OEM sections.

In terms of wheels the choices are endless. I think they behave better with 18’s and APEX are well regarded and look a lot like OEM. For me, although expensive, I would get some original comp wheels as on that colour with a slight drop and spacers that thing would look evil.

Welcome to the club. I think we have now redressed the Porsche owner balance nearly back in the favour of the M3.... 🤣

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Not their forged wheels. It really is perplexing that people think taking genuine forged wheels off and replacing with some Pot metal fakes is a good plan.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve had some alloys from CM and they were alright but they were replacing standard VW 16’s, not factory forged M wheels. 😂

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone done some actual weighing of cm stuff vs bmw stuff etc?

BMW wheels are utter dogshit in terms of quality anyway, so surely other than weight, reps can’t be too bad?
You can't even fit some of the CM wheels over a BBK, worse clearance than stock wheels lol. Granted Luke probably isn't going to chuck a big AP kit on

Chuckles

ClioSport Moderator
You can't even fit some of the CM wheels over a BBK, worse clearance than stock wheels lol. Granted Luke probably isn't going to chuck a big AP kit on
So is that a no? Just a bunch of people reporting ‘pig iron’ or similar?

The fact is that reps are being made somewhere, that somewhere will have manufacturing standards/processes... unless they’re being made with no QC, then that’s another matter, but other than unsprung weight difference, reps are probably perfectly serviceable

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
So is that a no? Just a bunch of people reporting ‘pig iron’ or similar?

The fact is that reps are being made somewhere, that somewhere will have manufacturing standards/processes... unless they’re being made with no QC, then that’s another matter, but other than unsprung weight difference, reps are probably perfectly serviceable
They are heavier than the stock 260M wheels I had on mine. Was Gonna get a set of the ARC8 copies til I found out they weigh more and don't even clear the brakes

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  M3 CS / 1/29 PB 182
I can’t fault the CM reps I had on my E92 for road wheels, they weren’t a whole lot heavier than the M359 wheels and from what I could tell - were stronger!

Just make sure you get the higher offset wheels. There are loads of wheels for the E9X’s I guess it depends on your budget and your tastes.

Flat Eric

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I can't fault my reps to be fair, they are reps of forged wheels but forged CS wheels are best part of 4k I think.

They seem a good enough quality so far, just the one slight buckle...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Loads of people on the Golf R group have CM reps as they are stronger than the genuine VW 19" Prets apparently and let's face it BMW cast alloys are not famed for their strength, I've had 2 E90 alloys with cracks, forged rims are a different story.