ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Main Valver problems

Ok i might be buying a valver but what i want to know is what are the main problems to look out for on ones with about 100K + mileage????

Cheers for any info

Phil

Willy2

well rear arches rust alot, brown water bottle, dodgey steering racks, bearings - both front and back and notchy gearboxes, probably more but i cant think right now!

all above plus leaky sunroof, check cam been done around 70k must see receipt to prove else walk away, regular oil changes at least every 6k, also check for oil leaks, there is a guide to buying somewhere on this forum check that out too, try buy one thats not modded if poss and with full service history, tyres matter as expensive for good ones like michelin pilots £75 odd each plus vat! and on these cars you need sticky tyres.

Best way is get a mechanic to check it out, worth the outlay.

Titanium 182

just buy a looked after1, they still have lots of problems any ways, but you gotta think there worth it!

Willy2

i have an old revs buyers guide, email me and i will email it to you! warning its a big file!