ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1485979

View attachment 1485980

You rang?

Think the coffee maker is a fake :( Do love Makita stuff. Not sure what I would think if a builder rocked up with a coffee machine though.....

Going by my previously logic - the jacket uses the M12 batteries so I would obviously be an idiot not to buy one mid summer before the price rockets in winter....

Fair enough! I see they do a 12v heated hoodie too, hmm another plus for the 12v Milwaukee range..

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough! I see they do a 12v heated hoodie too, hmm another plus for the 12v Milwaukee range..

Honestly I think in 3 years Milwaukee, Dewalt and Mikata will have basically and identical line up - they are all damn good imo, not a huge amount to tell them apart other than the very distinctive colours!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yes really good - they claim more powerful than an air grinder, I ran my grinder at pretty high pressure so would say they are similar. The wauki is larger than you expect - but only because the air grinders are so svelte and nice. Its managed everything I've done with it in the day or so I've had it but that does include flap wheel discs.

Biggest difference is that the battery one doesn't stall in the same way, it just stops/cuts out. Where an air one would slow down progressively, and you use your ears to regulate pressure. The electric one will stall much later however its very sudden and sometimes unexpected because it dons't slow down as much as you apply pressure. Nothing bad just takes a little getting used to after using air tools.

Im happy with my purchase and would buy another if this one was lost or stolen (if that makes sense), its 1000x more convenient than an air tool which means you will use it far more. (y)

I'll take a quick vid of it grinding something at the weekend so you can see what I mean about the stall.

Where did you get it btw?

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
CS and this thread has a lot to answer for 😂

5B928A75-B6DC-4A5C-80EB-E8425DAC5999.jpeg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed! Cnuts lol

28D489D8-5997-4487-A505-4090A834A395.jpeg

FFX are a PITA though!
Closed Saturdays, ok...
go there yesterday, one in stock... “can’t find it” (after 30 secs of looking in storeroom)
Ordered one that’d “be here before 12 tomorrow, we’ll call you” .

Tried to call them 4 times and didn’t answer.
Went there anyway at 2pm & called just before I went in too...

Two employees in an empty store..

“Had your deliveries?”
“Yeah, what is it?”
“3/8” impact you were gonna call. I’ve rung 4 times and no answer”
“Yeah, we’re so busy” (insert cricket chirping noises as bloke is sat looking bored as fek on his elbow looking at computer)

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I would have done as my snap on one has kept the gun well but there’s None in stock anywhere in the UK it seems.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Mine will be to work Monday so will be scuffed & covered in crap by the end of the day.

The boots are silly money, the gun, 2 bats and charger was only £179. £50 + for a boot is a lot.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Boots for tools, you pair of garage queens.. :ROFLMAO:

To be fair the Milwaukee will be ground to non-existence of it goes through what my my snap on guns have.

It definitely doesn’t look as solid.

My snap on guns have been abused, thrown around, dragged in mud etc for 10 years and they were second hand when I got them.

I strip them down now and then and they always look great inside.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
1595002801923.png

1595002812564.png

I think that was 5-6mins of grinding. When the hubs are off tomorrow I recon the whole beam will be back to metal in under an hour. The first pad is a new one to me from 3M which I wanted to try out.

Beats wire brush in a drill for sure and can reach more places than an angle grinder alone. Probably easiest with a proper angle grinder and the little die grinder but I would need to spend another £200 for that joy. Perhaps another month

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If you saw my snap on gun you'll realise why a boot is good😂

Got dropped multiple times from scaffolding, there wasn't a single bit on it that looked good and the rubber that stops it banging on the floor had been ground off by dragging it under cars😂

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
To be fair the Milwaukee will be ground to non-existence of it goes through what my my snap on guns have.

It definitely doesn’t look as solid.

My snap on guns have been abused, thrown around, dragged in mud etc for 10 years and they were second hand when I got them.

I strip them down now and then and they always look great inside.

I was mostly joking in fairness my tools all get wiped down before there put away.. :LOL:

There pretty tough my stubbys been through the forage harvester and it still works fine.
2CED16E8-DA01-4DCE-9E11-DDE312A40919.jpeg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
View attachment 1486118
View attachment 1486119

I think that was 5-6mins of grinding. When the hubs are off tomorrow I recon the whole beam will be back to metal in under an hour. The first pad is a new one to me from 3M which I wanted to try out.

Beats wire brush in a drill for sure and can reach more places than an angle grinder alone. Probably easiest with a proper angle grinder and the little die grinder but I would need to spend another £200 for that joy. Perhaps another month

Definitely sticking one on the ol credit card next month.
Hopefully they come out with a finger sander soon aswell.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Can't buy tackle like that outright these days tbh

Even buying 2 year old Deere with a few k hours you have to bite a pillow and spit on it first 😂

As a city boy I have no idea what you bumpkins are on about

Round these necks you'd get nicked for biting 2 old dears in the pillow - spit or not.

More seriously, I had no idea how much some of the big farm stuff cost until a mate filled me in a while back. Also had no idea how much farming has driven technology over the years from RFID tags through to robotics. Pretty cool industry if you ignore all the mud an entrails the country side is probably full of.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no longer a farmerboy or owt like it, work in the city and live in Bradford 😂

Always preferred bigger diesel stuff and farm machinery over cars, I just don't have the tackle for farm gear and my dad doesn't now either 😥

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'm no longer a farmerboy or owt like it, work in the city and live in Bradford [emoji23]

Always preferred bigger diesel stuff and farm machinery over cars, I just don't have the tackle for farm gear and my dad doesn't now either [emoji26]
I'm not a farmerboy either but love farm machinery [emoji1787]

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you ask [emoji1787]

Welker Farm, Millennial Farmer, Tom Pemb and Ollys Farm oh and Harry Metcalf
At least I'm not alone!!! f**king love watching all them

You might like 10th Generation Dairyfarmer, SaskDutchKid, Cole The Cornstar, KT3406E, Andrew Camarata, Jesse Muller, Tinker, SketchyDA. western truck and tractor repair, Deboss Garage and DGHD

Not that I'm not a proper youtube whore or owt...

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
At least I'm not alone!!! f**king love watching all them

You might like 10th Generation Dairyfarmer, SaskDutchKid, Cole The Cornstar, KT3406E, Andrew Camarata, Jesse Muller, Tinker, SketchyDA. western truck and tractor repair, Deboss Garage and DGHD

Not that I'm not a proper youtube whore or owt...
I've never had anything to do with a Farm in my life other than drive past one or cooking with stuff from a field [emoji23]

I've seen a few of those others, will have a search. Almaot harvest time for Welker and MN though [emoji4]

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can't buy tackle like that outright these days tbh

Even buying 2 year old Deere with a few k hours you have to bite a pillow and spit on it first 😂

Yeah unless you get big it’s pretty much impossible to make any money at it now, be a lot of them go bust when the EU subsidy ends 2024.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I f**king hate tractors now I used to get Anxiety when I heard the Nokia ring tone as that was my on call phone, been told I should go back spannering by a few lads still doing it as the wages are good now but I'm too old to be doing 100 hour weeks again

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I f**king hate tractors now I used to get Anxiety when I heard the Nokia ring tone as that was my on call phone, been told I should go back spannering by a few lads still doing it as the wages are good now but I'm too old to be doing 100 hour weeks again

Not all about the money is it. I could earn a lot more if I was mobile still or doing HGV stuff but life is so much less stressful working in a car workshop.

I don’t miss all the driving about either. I’d hate to be doing mobile still now, the roads are just crazy these days.