ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get the rubber boot from, struggling to get them for mine
It's a USA only thing I believe. I ordered mine from America. Got to say its definitely worth it. Same for the big impact!

After viewing this thread I can now confirm that power tool collecting is definitely a disease that only the greatest succumb to.

Spent the other night watching videos on the 90 degree die grinder that I absolutely don't need

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
It's a USA only thing I believe. I ordered mine from America. Got to say its definitely worth it. Same for the big impact!

After viewing this thread I can now confirm that power tool collecting is definitely a disease that only the greatest succumb to.

Spent the other night watching videos on the 90 degree die grinder that I absolutely don't need

Thanks. Yes I have boots for all my others. No need to tell me about it being an addiction, the lads at work call me Mr Milwaukee i have that much of it. What they dont know is I have the same stuff at home as well......lol

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Any sources to get Dewalt stuff with some decent discount

My brother is about to buy this

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
Thinking of getting one of these for the motorbike and pushbike. Could keep it in the car boot too for emergencies.

Anyone got any experience?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085M2C6CP/?tag=cliospnet01-21
I can com
Thinking of getting one of these for the motorbike and pushbike. Could keep it in the car boot too for emergencies.

Anyone got any experience?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085M2C6CP/?tag=cliospnet01-21
well worth the money fella, got 1 2weeks ago and there spot on! 👍🏻 That good the compressor is up 4 sale next 😂

Just need more batteries now, 60 odd quid for one though! Have also done a buy considering its my birthday and bought 2 of these wall cabinets, 680mm length each, the table is 1600 for reference, also part of the same modular set a sealey 7 draw roller cabinet, rather pricey and I think you have to buy a top for it thats like 90 quid 😩 But all of the reviews of the cheaper cabinets and sets just put me off so thought buy the good stuff now and never have to buy again.

Does anyone have any idea whats the best way to fix them to the wall? They are 10kg each and with all the tools will be over 20kg.

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

These are pretty good, especially with some adhesive in the hole too. You could also bolt a strip of box section (or even wood) to the wall first, rest the box ontop - spread the load out a bit if they are soft blocks. I'd be tempted to add another bolt hole at the top between the two if your going to be putting lots of gear in there.

Or just do what I would do and leave it on the floor and curse at it every time you fall over

These are pretty good, especially with some adhesive in the hole too. You could also bolt a strip of box section (or even wood) to the wall first, rest the box ontop - spread the load out a bit if they are soft blocks. I'd be tempted to add another bolt hole at the top between the two if your going to be putting lots of gear in there.

Or just do what I would do and leave it on the floor and curse at it every time you fall over

I ended up using some like that mate! There's 4 for each cabinet and so far so good. Ended up buying different floor cabinets to the one I said as it wasn't in stock and couldn't wait any longer 😄

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That looks ace. Trying to put a shelf up at the moment and the plugs just fell out ill be honest I literally have f**k all clue what I should be using.

Tried welding it to wall didn't work rip me

I drilled into the bit inbetween the bricks (cement I guess) and plugs just yeeted straight outta that. Tried a metal sharp looking bastarding thing that you screw in that just took a load of cement stuff out so just fillered it with poly filla and now I've forgotten about it

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That looks ace. Trying to put a shelf up at the moment and the plugs just fell out ill be honest I literally have f**k all clue what I should be using.

Tried welding it to wall didn't work rip me

I drilled into the bit inbetween the bricks (cement I guess) and plugs just yeeted straight outta that. Tried a metal sharp looking bastarding thing that you screw in that just took a load of cement stuff out so just fillered it with poly filla and now I've forgotten about it

I’ve fucked off anchors and just use rawl plug chemical fix.
Just squirt it in the hole push the fixing in until it sets.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I ended up using some like that mate! There's 4 for each cabinet and so far so good. Ended up buying different floor cabinets to the one I said as it wasn't in stock and couldn't wait any longer 😄

View attachment 1492000

View attachment 1492002

That looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the bench/table from? Will a decent size vice attach to it?

I'm converting our shed into a workspace and am looking for a good workbench!

That looks great!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the bench/table from? Will a decent size vice attach to it?

I'm converting our shed into a workspace and am looking for a good workbench!

From here (y) Plenty sturdy and although the vice isnt bolted down right now theres no problem to do so. I dont see why it couldnt take an 8" vice

IMG_0922.JPG

Reactions: MLB

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Where did you get the rubber boot from, struggling to get them for mine

Iv just ordered one of these incase you haven't already got one

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
1598454501390.png

I recently did the whole rear beam with one, while a little tedious due to the baby discs but it was spot on. Much better with the 6ah battery. Used it on welds, just done the underside of my car and the 2" disk gets in everywhere the grinder won't. I also had some surface rust behind my filler cap (surprise) and it had the whole lot prepped and ready for epoxy in 2mins. Would recommend getting the little 2" flapper discs as they seem to work great. Let me know if you want any links for arbors or pads.

PS don't judge the absolute s**t whole my garden is at the moment, that picture just reminded me to get the fence sorted!

I might end up needing one of those. My Makita die grinder is too big really, unless they bring out a similar design soon I’ll to turn to the dark side 😬

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Only got experience with the makita 18v, took six full batteries and five demolition saws to chop up our old hottub so a bolt shouldn't be more than a couple of seconds work with the correct blade?

20200814_193934.jpg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Only got experience with the makita 18v, took six full batteries and five demolition saws to chop up our old hottub so a bolt shouldn't be more than a couple of seconds work with the correct blade?

View attachment 1492310
Nice! What did you put in place of the hot tub? Lad I know just bought a place with a hot tub and he's well happy about it, but all I can think of is all the sperm trapped in the filters, it's an 80's jobby too.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
View attachment 1492284

I recently did the whole rear beam with one, while a little tedious due to the baby discs but it was spot on. Much better with the 6ah battery. Used it on welds, just done the underside of my car and the 2" disk gets in everywhere the grinder won't. I also had some surface rust behind my filler cap (surprise) and it had the whole lot prepped and ready for epoxy in 2mins. Would recommend getting the little 2" flapper discs as they seem to work great. Let me know if you want any links for arbors or pads.

PS don't judge the absolute s**t whole my garden is at the moment, that picture just reminded me to get the fence sorted!

Yeah throw up a few links.

Also debating ordering one of these since team red don't make one.
1598519104552.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Nice! What did you put in place of the hot tub? Lad I know just bought a place with a hot tub and he's well happy about it, but all I can think of is all the sperm trapped in the filters, it's an 80's jobby too.

Nothing yet, but I got the go ahead from my wife to convert the summer house into a man cave as long as I painted it so it'll be the super manly colour combo seagrass and cream!

New felt and underlay on the roof this weekend and two layers of outdoor paint will hopefully keep the water out a bit better. It's fine, but leaking a bit through the tongue and groove :
20200825_143934.jpg

Then put in weatherproof carpet, heavy duty shelves and either a metal or wooden workbench and a vice.

Obviously had to order a new tool so got the makita 18v orbital sander.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You should just get this instead :D

Unfortunately its a spherical type joint and the bolt goes right through, the bolts seized to the inside of the joint which just spins, given it a good heating a hammering and can't get it moved, time to chop.

However I do also really really want an inductive heater like you linked, they are properly awesome.

1598520567105.png

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately its a spherical type joint and the bolt goes right through, the bolts seized to the inside of the joint which just spins, given it a good heating a hammering and can't get it moved, time to chop.

However I do also really really want an inductive heater like you linked, they are properly awesome.

View attachment 1492442
They are just the worst!

Had similar on @leeds2592 volvo suspension and we had to do exactly that with a saw.
Was a pain in the arse

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing yet, but I got the go ahead from my wife to convert the summer house into a man cave as long as I painted it so it'll be the super manly colour combo seagrass and cream!

New felt and underlay on the roof this weekend and two layers of outdoor paint will hopefully keep the water out a bit better. It's fine, but leaking a bit through the tongue and groove :
View attachment 1492432

Then put in weatherproof carpet, heavy duty shelves and either a metal or wooden workbench and a vice.

Obviously had to order a new tool so got the makita 18v orbital sander.

Good man, man caves are great things. Built a nice one in our flat but sadly haven't had time to do the same since moving.

1598521438683.png

The plastic type weather proof floor tiles work really well, when building it I put mastic in each grove before placing the next board on top so no leaks, wonder if you could do something similar before painting to waterproof it. Result on the new orbital sander, they are dead handy.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
They are just the worst!

Had similar on @leeds2592 volvo suspension and we had to do exactly that with a saw.
Was a pain in the arse

Yea, I was being an idiot and trying to do it a day before driving to Norfolk, ended up mushrooming the end of the bolt from hammering so had to tediously grind the end down to get the bolt back on (no that the thing would have come out anyway haha). Access looks tough so think the new mini saw would be a useful purchase.

At least with an ARB drop link you can mangle it up and get grips on it. Was super tempted to try and weld the joint but I know I would be a mong and just weld the joint into the hub carrier. haha.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great! Is that double walled?

I was thinking I could maybe put an inner wall in and put some kind of insulation in but that might just trap moisture in between the inner and outer wall and cause rot.

I've already put one layer of paint on the outside, do the second layer when it's dry outside and see how it'll hold up.

For the carpet I think I'll order a 4mx3m piece of this stuff and glue it in. Won't move, no seams that can curl up and should be easy to clean with the wet Vac.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That looks great! Is that double walled?

I was thinking I could maybe put an inner wall in and put some kind of insulation in but that might just trap moisture in between the inner and outer wall and cause rot.

I've already put one layer of paint on the outside, do the second layer when it's dry outside and see how it'll hold up.

For the carpet I think I'll order a 4mx3m piece of this stuff and glue it in. Won't move, no seams that can curl up and should be easy to clean with the wet Vac.

It was single walled but inch thick - I went to uni late in life and had a one bed flat with a baby so needed somewhere to escape and study, so was in there late at night in the winter and stuff and it was weirdly warm, just needed a little fan heater - it did have double glased windows through which no doubt helped loads.

Originally I had carpet tiles like you link and they were pretty decent but got fed up of trailing mud in there from the garden, also the carpet seems to hold all the little metal bits from grinding or whatever and the hoover couldn't cope so swapped out to something similar to these, :

Just a thought, but you could epoxy paint the inside to seal it, insulation between the panels and then plaster board over the top (or ply), whats under the floor? concrete base or ground?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not too worried about heat, just need it to be waterproof so carparts and tools etc don't go mouldy/rusty.

It seems that water seeps in via the grain of the wood or tongue and groove which should hopefully be cured by painting it. Might just silicon seal every single nail hole as well as I think they are letting water in as well.

Instead of epoxy sealing the outer wall I might do something like this, without the insulation, just a vapour control layer finished with plywood on the inside.
Permagard_VCL_Explained_1_775__775_.png

More work and pricier but by not sealing the outside wall and adding a vapour control layer I reduce the risk of moisture getting trapped between the inner and outer wall.

Good point about bits getting stuck in the carpet by the way, might have to measure a bit better and get those pvc tiles.

Sorry for derailing this thread guys, keep it half on topic by needing an 18v circular saw next?