ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
You've clearly underestimated my bodgery if you think that's enough power tools[emoji23]

That £1200 is this lot

View attachment 1465954

I'm currently waiting an eBay 10-20% off code to order it as I know this seller usually has these offers on[emoji23] 20% brings it down to just a smidge over £900
Well you cant be that much of a bodger..[emoji23] Theres no angle grinder, cable ties or gaffer tape on your shopping list...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. Just trying to save you wasting money. I'd rather the better quality fuel impact driver and drill instead of extra batteries.

Not bought them yet so still got my options open to more expensive durable tools😂

Well you cant be that much of a bodger..[emoji23] Theres no angle grinder, cable ties or gaffer tape on your shopping list...

I've already got a 4" and 9" grinder... and a Stihl saw and a recip saw😂 I was close to buying a plasma cutter a few month back but talked myself out of it because I want a new mig🤦‍♂️

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Not bought them yet so still got my options open to more expensive durable tools[emoji23]

I've already got a 4" and 9" grinder... and a Stihl saw and a recip saw[emoji23] I was close to buying a plasma cutter a few month back but talked myself out of it because I want a new mig[emoji2357]
DAMN.. [emoji15] [emoji1787]

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You've clearly underestimated my bodgery if you think that's enough power tools😂

That £1200 is this lot

View attachment 1465954

I'm currently waiting an eBay 10-20% off code to order it as I know this seller usually has these offers on😂 20% brings it down to just a smidge over £900

Well if you’ve got the cash then go for it I’d certainly love a full set of Milwaukee but I can’t justify spending that much.

My assortments of tools would make the Milwaukee fan boys in here cringe... :ROFLMAO:

Just ordered this the other day actually.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
FFX are decent, bought from them before. @YorkshireKyle go on their website as the prices are a bit cheaper than their ebay store.

When they have the eBay 20% sales that's when I buy from them haha. It beats their website price😉😂

Well if you’ve got the cash then go for it I’d certainly love a full set of Milwaukee but I can’t justify spending that much.

My assortments of tools would make the Milwaukee fan boys in here cringe... :ROFLMAO:

Just ordered this the other day actually.
You've not seen my tools mate🤦‍♂️😂

Everything from Makita, DeWalt, Stanley and strap on. Nothing at all matches

I think I've destroyed a few 4" grinders over the course of 10 years... my dad still has hit makita one from before I was f**king born!! Its had a new power cord and a set of brushes and that's it😂

MAKITA DTW285Z LXT
I've got this and I use it all the time, has good amounts of power packed in a small body which is perfect for using in tighter areas. I also have the DeWalt DCF899 and that is an absolute monster, only suitable for the most stubborn of bolts and it's rather large so can't be used in all situations. I've only used it twice in 2 years but always good to have as a back up just in case. In fact I've never had to pull it out since i bought the Makita.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
When they have the eBay 20% sales that's when I buy from them haha. It beats their website price😉😂

You've not seen my tools mate🤦‍♂️😂

Everything from Makita, DeWalt, Stanley and strap on. Nothing at all matches

I think I've destroyed a few 4" grinders over the course of 10 years... my dad still has hit makita one from before I was f**king born!! Its had a new power cord and a set of brushes and that's it😂

Expensive grinders are a waste of time imo I just buy the cheapo baulker from toolstation for the price there decent.
I like that they don’t use the shitty switch design that gets gummed up with dust.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'm yet to charge my m12 battery, and I've had the gun for months and used it loads. Still showing as fully charged!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Expensive grinders are a waste of time imo I just buy the cheapo baulker from toolstation for the price there decent.
I like that they don’t use the shitty switch design that gets gummed up with dust.
Thats what I've got at the minute😂 Its standing up to the abuse so far tbh

I'm yet to charge my m12 battery, and I've had the gun for months and used it loads. Still showing as fully charged!
Your mrs charges is when you're not looking

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thats what I've got at the minute😂 Its standing up to the abuse so far tbh

Your mrs charges is when you're not looking
She has her own attachments in the bedside drawer.
Thrust-Bot-Handheld-Multi-Speed-Sex-Machine-3.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I would ease up on the M12 batteries. You want a few M18 batteries 4ah upwards.
The 2ah stuff won't really cut it.

I have a M18 commbi drill and Impact driver with 2 4ah batteries.

The combi drill packed up on me last year after only minimal use round the house, not sure if the motor burnt out or something, sent it off and got sent back the same model but the brushless version. So I was happy with that.
Whether it was a faulty drill I'm not sure but I wouldn't say it went through the same use I used to put the makita stuff through over the years on the building sites.

The impact driver however gets used loads, and although it's not the same as the impact guns for the high torque stuff I got the hex bit 1/2" and 3/8" adapters and use my socket set with it.

Consider the M18 stuff over the M12 in my opinion though, couple of strong batteries 4/5ah or higher and then just buy the bare units afterwards.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Load of stuff mate

Gearboxes, engines, wheel bolts, rear axles, the occasional van wheel, whatever you can throw at a gun. It just won't be used every single day. I 100% know I want a 3/8 gun for doing boxes because this 1/2 is a right fucker for doing some jobs

I have 3/8 Milwaukee impact and ratchet best things I’ve ever bought for down the unit

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I would ease up on the M12 batteries. You want a few M18 batteries 4ah upwards.
The 2ah stuff won't really cut it.

I have a M18 commbi drill and Impact driver with 2 4ah batteries.

The combi drill packed up on me last year after only minimal use round the house, not sure if the motor burnt out or something, sent it off and got sent back the same model but the brushless version. So I was happy with that.
Whether it was a faulty drill I'm not sure but I wouldn't say it went through the same use I used to put the makita stuff through over the years on the building sites.

The impact driver however gets used loads, and although it's not the same as the impact guns for the high torque stuff I got the hex bit 1/2" and 3/8" adapters and use my socket set with it.

Consider the M18 stuff over the M12 in my opinion though, couple of strong batteries 4/5ah or higher and then just buy the bare units afterwards.
To get the combi and driver with 2x4Ah batteries and a charger separate would run up more than £250 afaik

I absolute hammer my Stanley impact driver at the minute with 1/4 and 3/8 Milwaukee hex attachments. It's alright on small things but not beefy enough to do a starting wheel so I have t crack the snap on out for s**t like that

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
This just came through on my email, not sure if it's useful for your shopping list or not 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414_101401_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414_101401_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 85

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Majority of my power tools are Makita LXT. Keep an eye out on Amazon Prime for batteries coming up cheap, got a few 3.0ah for £17 each. Ive got the biggest ugga dugga they do with some 5ah batteries, which is more than enough for most jobs. Ive got Milwaukee ratchet and stubby impact, purely because ive seen how useful they have been for @dann2707, and Makita didnt do anything equivalent for the price really!

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
If you're worried about the prices and your spend now, wait until you've got the batteries, charger and a couple of bits of kit. When a tool is ~100 quid body only it's easy to get carried away.

Each brand has their own stand out stuff though which will be useful depending what you want.

Makita have the garden range which is surprisingly useful. Dewalt have some good nail guns and Milwaukee have more impact wrenches in their range.

I have makita and it all has a 3yr warranty. The steel erectors at work also use them and never have an issue tightening M30 bolts up.

Be warned though, it is addictive.

Also try powertoolworld, they tend to be cheap.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Treated myself to the first of many bits

Impact driver and a 1/2 impact. I got this one but wanted the bigger one as this only does 300nm undo

Sent it back and now waiting for payday/car parts selling to buy a 1/2 1800nm impact, drill and ratchet

20200512_161715.jpg
20200513_152144.jpg

Look at how small it is ffs

20200514_151934.jpg

The impact driver is tiny compared to my snap on gun🤣

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Bought the 3/8 stubby milwaukee on @dann2707 recommendation and got to say it's brilliant. Bought the larger battery for it aswell and it's a great little thing, saved me loads of time as a home mechanic.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'd like the big brother too but need to rummage down back of the sofa for that kind of cash

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I use the 1/2" mid torque fuel, which is 600nm of tightening torque I think and around 800nm of 'nut busting' torque.

More than enough for most jobs and it's not that expensive compared to the beast mode one they do.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I use the 1/2" mid torque fuel, which is 600nm of tightening torque I think and around 800nm of 'nut busting' torque.

More than enough for most jobs and it's not that expensive compared to the beast mode one they do.

Do you have a link or model number?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Why do you want the One Key feature? For desired torques?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
One key is just a feature on most of their new tools as standard now

@JamesBryan yeah it's a year or so old but for what I need it for it will be mint!!

I've already priced up the rest of the stuff I need but I want a new engine crane too🤣