ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I have the Bluetooth one, I only upgraded it as the one before it had a few less nm's.

It is an absolute beast and I'm certain you'll be happy with it. The ability to program each setting for different torques and speeds is really neat. I have one specifically for wheel nuts then torque up, saves me destroying the bolt!

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Is that 3/8” any good with only 12v? Even my ancient snap on one takes my 18v battery

I’ve still got the old snap on guns which I can’t give up as I hate the new stuff with the safety brakes that don’t coast down. I’ve had them so long I like the way you can use the impact to undo a nut and time it right and the free run of the gun keeps undoing. I use the newer ones and I’m forever stopping short.

Must admit I can’t fault them either, they have been beaten to hell for years, soaked in rain & snow and still keep trucking. I was mobile on commercial for years and now they’re getting a bit of an easier life in a garage. Only thing is the batteries could do with upgrading but saying that I did notice the older batteries were better in extremes of cold compared to the newer ones.

We’ve got one of the new bigger 1/2” snap on guns at work (think they must be a new model?) and if anything it’s way too powerful, it’s big too.

I know my 1/2” gun so well I can judge the torque on wheel nuts pretty well before I use the torque wrench, that new one feels like you’re along for the ride.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Is that 3/8” any good with only 12v? Even my ancient snap on one takes my 18v battery

I’ve still got the old snap on guns which I can’t give up as I hate the new stuff with the safety brakes that don’t coast down. I’ve had them so long I like the way you can use the impact to undo a nut and time it right and the free run of the gun keeps undoing. I use the newer ones and I’m forever stopping short.

Must admit I can’t fault them either, they have been beaten to hell for years, soaked in rain & snow and still keep trucking. I was mobile on commercial for years and now they’re getting a bit of an easier life in a garage. Only thing is the batteries could do with upgrading but saying that I did notice the older batteries were better in extremes of cold compared to the newer ones.

We’ve got one of the new bigger 1/2” snap on guns at work (think they must be a new model?) and if anything it’s way too powerful, it’s big too.

I know my 1/2” gun so well I can judge the torque on wheel nuts pretty well before I use the torque wrench, that new one feels like you’re along for the ride.

The 3/8" fuel ones have over 300Nm of torque, which is adequate for most jobs, even hub nuts as Matt demonstrated.

If you're doing big bolts all the time, you'll want the 1/2" M18 tbh.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got the M12 fuel 3/8 impact wrench and ratchet for working on the car. Haven’t let me down yet, plenty of power in them.

All my 18v stuff for work is Makita though.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Seeing these impact ugger duggers is making me want to get an M18 one.

I have zero use for it at the minute though unless I stick a pozi socket on and use it to drive in screws 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Used the 3/8 ratchet to my advantage today! I had to change a handbrake cable th t had siezed on the mr2. To change it you have to drop the fuel tank which is a pain to get to, so nice just putting the ratchet on the bolt far away and squeezing it, no more arm fatigue

20200522_170129.jpg
20200522_170229.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Used the 3/8 ratchet to my advantage today! I had to change a handbrake cable th t had siezed on the mr2. To change it you have to drop the fuel tank which is a pain to get to, so nice just putting the ratchet on the bolt far away and squeezing it, no more arm fatigue

View attachment 1475786View attachment 1475787

I've got the extended reach ratchet and it's really handy for getting into places like that.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I did laugh at the ‘pervert’ in the title. Whoever posted that norm video in the vid thread is responsible for us all (in the accent) greeting each other with “hello perverts!” at the garage I work at :LOL:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Borrowed the big f-off Dewalt XR a while back and wasn't impressed at all..... Until I looked more closely and realised it was on setting 1 of 3. I then proceed to snap the wheel stud on my Lexus with it where some troll without a torque wrench had just air gunned the nuts to death.

Yet to find a rusty bolt the Dewalt wouldn't either undo or eat (gnom-gnom-gnom). I am sure the big Milwaukee is just as capable if not more.

How do people rate the 90deg ratchets (assuming all top brands are similar) been meaning to get one for ages but keep thinking they will be a bit pants?

:rolleyes: Dont get that with makita. Not gonna lie some of these impacts look good, my tiny 3/8s makita rated to 290nm struggles with wheel bolts but is so light it gets a pass as its so good for smaller stuff. Would still like a smaller 3/8s that can do wheel bolts and some suspension stuff without too much fuss.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Here lads is this normal?

View attachment 1477348
I don't know why but that vid has me in stitches, somehow the way you are shacking it conveys the dissatisfaction really well. Do Milwaukee have a twotter page or something you could post it on?

On a more serious note... are you sure thats a cheese grater and not one of those things women use for taking the hard skin off their hooves? Wouldn't want you to be making your sandwiches with it by mistake if your Mrs has been sorting her feet out.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Off the back of a wagon that 😂
I'm used to that, I live in Bradford...😂

I don't know why but that vid has me in stitches, somehow the way you are shacking it conveys the dissatisfaction really well. Do Milwaukee have a twotter page or something you could post it on?

On a more serious note... are you sure thats a cheese grater and not one of those things women use for taking the hard skin off their hooves? Wouldn't want you to be making your sandwiches with it by mistake if your Mrs has been sorting her feet out.
My mam has one of them, one day I was knobbing about with it and the bottom fell off, my mams hoof dust covered me🤢🤢🤢

I f**king gipped, my dad pissed himself and spat his brew out through his nose, nearly choked bless him😂😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Im trying to work out how to tell my Mrs that story without having to explain what a car forum is and why I've been talking to people about cheese graters on it, I think it will just ruin the story and she won't see the funny side.
I tell my mrs about things on here (only stuff not detrimental to anyones health, I.e. Mine)

And because I'm always on here she always sees me on my phone😂 Good job she doesnt give a s**t because other lasses would go mental and assume I was texting some other bird

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's the bit inside what gives it the ugger duggers noise