ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Here’s a slightly random one for the Makita Pervs. Just found this under my conifer tree down the side of my house.

Heated Makita jacket, with battery. Looks pretty new (not brand new though)

64D91599-9C03-4C13-AADE-A4118214B48F.jpeg

Bit odd but I wonder if it’s a homeless person as there’s a little smoothed out area under there. Although it looks clean and fresh so who knows.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Super weird. Would be perfect for a homeless person however I just can't see how they would procure and charge the jacket. And strange that someone would even be using it this time of year.

I think Makita has been following this thread and must have planted it. Maybe tomorrow there will be a new impact gun set.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Super weird. Would be perfect for a homeless person however I just can't see how they would procure and charge the jacket. And strange that someone would even be using it this time of year.

I think Makita has been following this thread and must have planted it. Maybe tomorrow there will be a new impact gun set.

I know, got me baffled too. Thing is it’s a real hidden away spot too, I always look in there when I’m out the front (hence why I found it)

I did think it’d be perfect for homeless chap but like you say, how’s he charging it. Also it’s really clean condition and smells fresh. No greasy marks round cuffs or neck you might expect from even a flash tramp.

Stolen and thrown/hidden? Worker who’s stashed it? Or clean homeless chap.

Might get my mate to stick it on a FB group see if anyone’s had one nicked.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Bought these the last couple of weeks, sacking off the old cordless tools and gone with the Makita 18V range, next on the list is a planer, then a skill saw.

The trimmer is also a router so that makes doing door hinges and locks so much easier, it certainly opens up options for small joinery projects too.

DSC_0927~3.JPG
DSC_0868.JPG
DSC_0929~2.JPG

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks brilliant! A lot tidier than the job I've done last week with a hammer and chisel..

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
That looks brilliant! A lot tidier than the job I've done last week with a hammer and chisel..
It's a game changer, and that's coming from the old school hammer and chisel person too! It's primarily a trimmer but you buy the other body with the handles to convert to a router. The jig for the hinges is from Trend, along with a Trend corner cutter as the router leaves half rounds where the hinge is.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds great, always nice to have proper tools for a job, makes it so much more enjoyable especially when the end result looks like that.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I just do the latches freehand with the router. Two piece trend jig for the hinges and bobs your uncle. Souber morticer for the latch holes and it's all a piece of piss.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to get the angled grinder but seen and read a fair few negatives on YT vids and comments.

My 3/8” Milwaukee stubby impact is pretty good though. Only real negative for me is the flat front is as much of a hindrance as I dreaded. And I don’t like the push button light up bit as I can’t see that lasting but time will tell.

In other news MAC man got back to me and I should have some of their RBRT Allen bit sockets soon. Anyone in the trade needs to watch the demo of them, pretty cool.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
M12 angle die grinder cheapest on ebay and 10% off with code PACKUP10

Do you reckon its worth it for me?

I already have the dremel but obviously it's not man enough for big jobs

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I've ordered one Dan as my thinking is if I don't like it I can get £120 back for it on ebay so it's costing me £4 to try it for a while

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Just be careful buying from online, make sure they’re a known reseller (FFX etc) as I saw a vid that Milwaukee updated their warranty terms to say anything coming from Amazon can’t be warranted. I know that’s not eBay but the statement was about resellers and items being bought and resold as ‘new’ by resellers when they’re technically not new as they’re not authorised dealers. That means it could apply to unofficial eBay sellers I’d guess?

I know when I registered mine you obviously have to put in the dealer name so if it’s someone on eBay selling them, make sure they’re legit stockists for the sake of £20 you’ll lose 3 years of warranty.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Just be careful buying from online, make sure they’re a known reseller (FFX etc) as I saw a vid that Milwaukee updated their warranty terms to say anything coming from Amazon can’t be warranted. I know that’s not eBay but the statement was about resellers and items being bought and resold as ‘new’ by resellers when they’re technically not new as they’re not authorised dealers. That means it could apply to unofficial eBay sellers I’d guess?

I know when I registered mine you obviously have to put in the dealer name so if it’s someone on eBay selling them, make sure they’re legit stockists for the sake of £20 you’ll lose 3 years of warranty.

Yeah i mentioned this earlier in the thread.

You don't want to miss out on the warranty, their service is very good speaking from experience.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i mentioned this earlier in the thread.

You don't want to miss out on the warranty, their service is very good speaking from experience.

Sorry, missed that.

If mine lasts half the time my old snap on nicad impacts have I’ll eat my hat. But I’ve zero confidence in the new snap on impacts based on what the bloke at work has gone through so was a no brainier to start swapping based purely on the Milwaukee warranty.

We seemingly get shafted on warranty here still though. Every vid I see in the states they say about the “excellent Milwaukee 5 year warranty”

We get two years and some ‘offer’ if you register where it adds a year to make up to 3.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Sorry, missed that.

If mine lasts half the time my old snap on nicad impacts have I’ll eat my hat. But I’ve zero confidence in the new snap on impacts based on what the bloke at work has gone through so was a no brainier to start swapping based purely on the Milwaukee warranty.

We seemingly get shafted on warranty here still though. Every vid I see in the states they say about the “excellent Milwaukee 5 year warranty”

We get two years and some ‘offer’ if you register where it adds a year to make up to 3.

Yeah i think it's 3 years on the tool and 1 year on the batteries.

I think by the time it's dead in however many years, you'd be looking to swap it to the newer version anyway, everyone loves new tools 🤪

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Dropped my stubby impact into some oil the other day. Landed in a bucket and it went halfway up the body of it. Properly s**t my self 😂 works as normal thank god

Just keep the bucket of lube well away from the bed when you've got the buttmeister 3000 attachment on for happy happy fun fun times of an evening

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
IMG-20200524-WA0008.jpeg

I'm firmly in camp Makita here. My brother is Dewalt and I must admit some of his stuff feels nicer than mine and some of the Milwaukee stuff looks good. I'm with Makita as it's the first battery I bought when 16 so just stuck with it. Got the garden range as well which is very good.

PS excuse the cage, it's not finished yet.