ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Megane R26

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
After owning my clio 182 for the last 5 years i thought id have a change and get something a bit bigger. there was only really 2 cars to choose between a golf gti or a RS Megane. after looking at both i preferred the looks of the megane and stay loyal to the RS brand. The only colours i were looking for was Glacier white or Ultra red after looking at a few of them i picked this up on Saturday just gone.

heres a few pictures of it

14710733676_ae555a3a8b_c.jpg
Drivers front by mattageaton, on Flickr

14547032970_0b177c3b34_c.jpg
Rear drivers by mattageaton, on Flickr

14753577983_317323d494_c.jpg
Side by mattageaton, on Flickr

14547289827_c521d4cbf2_c.jpg
Front by mattageaton, on Flickr

14753554353_e2fdae12a2_c.jpg
c**kpit by mattageaton, on Flickr

Today i got a few parts off adam today

4x injectors
2X number lamps
2x engine cover rubbers
positive terminal cover
gear gaiter
new mats

Started to fit them this afternoon

14733461892_ff46f093e3_c.jpg
New bits by mattageaton, on Flickr

Old number lamp

14730569831_2749dbfd7a_c.jpg
Old lamp by mattageaton, on Flickr

New number plate lamp

14710751806_92169a44bf_c.jpg
New lamp by mattageaton, on Flickr

fitting the injectors

14733739365_2f069dd840_c.jpg
Fitting injectors by mattageaton, on Flickr

14731380194_46915711f7_c.jpg
New injectors by mattageaton, on Flickr

Done

14733739365_2f069dd840_c.jpg
Fitting injectors by mattageaton, on Flickr

275 Trophy
How are the new injectors? Were the others causing a problem especially?

Car looks good btw, but they really need a R spoiler to break up the rear a bit IMO.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
looking good mate!!!!
cheers adam

How are the new injectors? Were the others causing a problem especially?

Car looks good btw, but they really need a R spoiler to break up the rear a bit IMO.
not sure tbh, the previous own said it needed a set, he had replaced 2 of them with new ones, but ive just done all 4 to make sure. yet to take it out for a drive

a .R spoiler is defiantly on the cards!

Bigger injectors? More POWER!
standard injectors im afraid

That looks good Im sure I know that reg.
its got SJ cook tax disc holder and renault bristol service stamps, nothing bad about it i hope lol

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome Matt! Very clean.

As said, get an .R spoiler on there ;)
thanks, yeah i will at some point!

Good choice! It's missing decals though ;)
cheers, im not sure on decals. i like them without but i also like them with. There about £100 just for the bumper ones

does the megane take the same oil filter as the 172/182 and sump plug washer? and do you undo it from underneath?

cheers adam

not sure tbh, the previous own said it needed a set, he had replaced 2 of them with new ones, but ive just done all 4 to make sure. yet to take it out for a drive

a .R spoiler is defiantly on the cards!

standard injectors im afraid

its got SJ cook tax disc holder and renault bristol service stamps, nothing bad about it i hope lol
Lol there's where I work. I think it used to belong to jeremy townsend car then we sold it.

@lemonnobby1 @Nickson

i want to change the gearbox oil in it, had i quick look yesterday for the drain plug. is it under the passenger driveshaft?

also what torque do the spark plugs take?
Yes that's correct you have to remove the brace bar. And it's under the n/s drive shaft

Torque is 25nm iirc
The drain plug is on the side of the box, it is a circular plug with a square tool fitment.

Like this:

71023.jpg

It's identical to the oil sump plug IIRC.

As Lemon said, under the driveshaft.

Shamelessly stolen one of bmh.01's pictures for this ;)

Drain the oil out of the bottom plug, then fill using the fill port until you cannot fit anymore oil in/it starts coming back out. That's how I've always done it.

Plugs, I cannot remember. I have literally just changed mine as well.

Think I went for 30NM with mine, as that's the lowest my torque wrenches would go!

EDIT:
Just found a post of MeganeSport which I remember reading before doing mine.
32nm. Again, from that man bmh.01!

Last edited:
Yes nick your wrong it's not like the sump plug. It's Allen key as surpose of the square sump key. 32 nm seems very tight.
Yeah, I realised after I could no longer edit the post :eek:

You can see the plug in the picture, so that gives you a good insight into which one it is.

As for the plug torque, I did mine to 32nm, Ben's post is here:

http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?62534-Spark-plug-tightening-torque-figure&highlight=spark+plug+torque

You also post in that MeganeSport thread and don't disagree with the figure ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane Trophy No.183
They have to have armrests these Meganes - looks wrong without!

Looking good fella!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
They have to have armrests these Meganes - looks wrong without!

Looking good fella!
cheers, alot better with a armrest!

Looking awesome Matt!

Was the centre console a difficult job?
no not a difficult job. held in with 4 screws. hardest part is get the gear gaiter over the gear knob.

had to un-stitch the new gaiter a couple of cm's and the fit poppers when refitting

had another parcel today

14589421378_7ce20491dc_c.jpg
Parcel by mattageaton, on Flickr

14753054786_12569fb53a_c.jpg
Megane bits by mattageaton, on Flickr

R26.R spoiler
oil cap
spark plugs

ill see how much is it to get sprayed tomorrow

Might see how much the bodyshop will charge to fit it then lol
It is easier than we are making out.. Kinda.

Get some dental floss or fishing line and use it to cut through the sticky stuff holding the spoiler on. Works wonders. Have someone lift the spoiler up, and someone else cut through it using floss or fishing line and it should come off ok!
I got bored of using dental floss on my own as it was taking a while, so took a rougher approach, hence it coming off in three pieces. But with some patience it will come off undamaged.
You could probably heatgun/hairdryer it to help too!

Getting the remainder of the sticky stuff off is another PITA.
Stock up on sticky stuff remover for that!

Golf Mk5 GTi
Might see how much the bodyshop will charge to fit it then lol
Lots and lots of floss and patients are required! Managed to get the spoiler off in one piece with no damage to the roof. God knows what they used to stick it on with but i reckon you could have pick up the car with the spoiler no problem! To get that off i used a bit of dry clay on it, very carefully and also used Auto Glyms intensive tar remover - i found that worked really well. Took me about 3 hours all said and done - but rather have done it myself a know i'm taking care of it then a garage potentially try to bodge it.