ClioSport Club Member
A terrible one
That BMW audio cable looks familiarSport Button now retrofitted.
Pretty easy mod for anyone that is interested, also makes the Cooper D FAR nicer to drive - it changes the steering/throttle maps.
View attachment 1535301
£30 of parts
View attachment 1535302
Junction Box location (for BMW this is a JBE, for Mini its a SPEG)
View attachment 1535303
Location of X14272 connector:
View attachment 1535307
Basic instructions are as follows:
1. Remove centre console and fit new buttons
2. Fit wire between PIN 3 on the Sport button connector and to PIN19 on X14272
3. Fit wire between PIN 4 on the Sport button connector and to PIN22 on X14272
4. Put all trim back together.
View attachment 1535304
5. Fire up laptop and NCSExpert with latest Datens, use Expert Mode to add $4UF to the VO on CAS/FRM, then SG_Codieren to default the SPEG/EPS/KOMBI (Junction Box/Electric Power Steeeing/Instrument Display) to factory settings with the new $4UF (Sport Button) added in. The instructions on the NAM website suggest to "process car" but that isnt required, just those 3 modules are affected, so easier/quicker to do them individually.
View attachment 1535305
6. Press Sport Button, smile at your DIY excellence
View attachment 1535306
well done on the update.