ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini R55 Clubman

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Sport Button now retrofitted.
Pretty easy mod for anyone that is interested, also makes the Cooper D FAR nicer to drive - it changes the steering/throttle maps.

No Button
View attachment 1535301

£30 of parts
View attachment 1535302

Junction Box location (for BMW this is a JBE, for Mini its a SPEG)
View attachment 1535303

Location of X14272 connector:
View attachment 1535307

Basic instructions are as follows:
1. Remove centre console and fit new buttons
2. Fit wire between PIN 3 on the Sport button connector and to PIN19 on X14272
3. Fit wire between PIN 4 on the Sport button connector and to PIN22 on X14272
4. Put all trim back together.

New button
View attachment 1535304

5. Fire up laptop and NCSExpert with latest Datens, use Expert Mode to add $4UF to the VO on CAS/FRM, then SG_Codieren to default the SPEG/EPS/KOMBI (Junction Box/Electric Power Steeeing/Instrument Display) to factory settings with the new $4UF (Sport Button) added in. The instructions on the NAM website suggest to "process car" but that isnt required, just those 3 modules are affected, so easier/quicker to do them individually.
View attachment 1535305

6. Press Sport Button, smile at your DIY excellence
View attachment 1535306
That BMW audio cable looks familiar ;)

well done on the update.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Few little odds & sods coded in with Carly - mostly stuff thats activated on BMW's (well except the indicators obvs), but not on Mini.
  • One-touch indicators - 3 flashes
  • Front window open/closure on the remote
  • Comfort entry for drivers window
  • One-touch open/close windows
  • Power windows for 1 min after engine off
  • Opening doors will not interrupt power windows
  • Gear up/downshift indicator removed on dash
  • Seat belt off chime removed
  • Start/stop button memory
@TheEvilGiraffe can do yours later on if you like?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Pretty sure this is knackered :rolleyes:
51185279584_bff617128b_c.jpg

Obviously i cant drive it until its replaced, so bought a a shed load of parts to alleviate my annoyance.
Full brand new JCW Aerokit inc. fittings, minus the front bumper ... just need to acquire one of those then, get it all sprayed.
51184715898_8dbc315967_c.jpg

51184498756_483e416cab_c.jpg

Then, when it looks a little less sh1t, i'll get it signwritten.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That belt is so bald it makes @Sunglasses_Ron look like Don King 😂

All sorted now thankfully!!
Being the keen DIY'er that i am, i had a quick look on TIS - looks easy enough, so bought a Contitech belt for £12.
51290453442_917899936f_c.jpg

What it failed to tell you, if that whilst its easy on a 3 series as the belts are at the front.
On the Mini, there is the small matter of the chassis being in the way :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:
51291914954_3b587a133f_c.jpg

51291380348_4f2bce0796_c.jpg

Needless to say, BMS Surrey did that as well - plus an oil change, mostly for the service history ...
Whilst i've not been that successful at DIY lately i can still change the oil lol.
51291194666_2ede297953_c.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Then on Friday morning, i was browsing ebay and saw a Clubman SD with 25 seconds left to go and no bids. Unusually for me, i did bugger all research and took a punt with a bid, bit daft seeing as the advert was fairly awful, but i was sure i'd seen it up for sale (for far more money) when i bought the Hampton. Whats the worst that can happen :rolleyes:

I now have two Mini Clubman's ...
51291379123_5a36690ccd_c.jpg

51292206540_21d5be71ce_c.jpg

51291197311_fcb6ccb168_c.jpg

51291197331_26a73a96d5_c.jpg

Its got 121k miles and no service book. First owner had it for 7 years on MIni TLC though, so i'll phone Mini and see what its had done. Front/rear bumpers have been bashed from street parking, but the spec is high (DAB/nav/combox, pano roof, heated seats, armrest, xenons and auto lights/wipers). Interior is very dirty and feels far less luxurious than the Hampton - the lounge leather/red stitching in that is lovely! More importantly, its the 2.0 derv, so 140bhp and maps to just under 200 iirc.

I'll probably put the Hampton up for sale in the next couple of weeks i imagine, pm me if interested (y)

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
The amount of spares or repairs clubmans you see is astonishing. Are they that crap?
They’re not too bad. But they are so old and worthless that they’ve fallen into the hands of people who thing they’re still cool but can’t afford any maintenance. So they get driven into the ground, then advertised as spares or repairs

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I like these. No idea why. I just think they look right.
I just think they are quite funky, do look better from the passenger side though!
Now we have a little 'un, a normal Mini is just too small in the back/boot, so these are perfect for me to mess about in really.

Stop badmouthing @TheEvilGiraffe's car you bought from him

Ps. What do thr back seats smell/taste/feel/hear of?
Ha. I've alays loved @TheEvilGiraffe one, just faaaaaaaar too tight to pay for it :rolleyes: 😂
The amount of spares or repairs clubmans you see is astonishing. Are they that crap?
They’re not too bad. But they are so old and worthless that they’ve fallen into the hands of people who thing they’re still cool but can’t afford any maintenance. So they get driven into the ground, then advertised as spares or repairs
The early N14 Cooper S's are really plagued with faults tbh, timing chains, waterpumps, head gasket, valve stem seals, turbo oil feeds and as per @Big Toe post, they are at the sort of level where they are owned by people that probably dont want to spend the money on fixing them, so they go ebay on as spares or repairs. The later diesels are also N47's so either snap the chains, or start rattling, at which point with it being a £2.5k bill (gearbox has to come off), you'd have to really love it to spend the money.

Don't they also run the N47 chain issue engines?
Yup. So i only bought the Hampton as the chain was already done, with the SD, it was priced such that even if i have to replace it, its still a decent purchase :cool:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't these still have a very small boot? Stats suggest it. Shame because they look like they should be a decent hatch to ferry kids around in.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I just think they are quite funky, do look better from the passenger side though!
Now we have a little 'un, a normal Mini is just too small in the back/boot, so these are perfect for me to mess about in really.

Ha. I've alays loved @TheEvilGiraffe one, just faaaaaaaar too tight to pay for it :rolleyes: 😂

The early N14 Cooper S's are really plagued with faults tbh, timing chains, waterpumps, head gasket, valve stem seals, turbo oil feeds and as per @Big Toe post, they are at the sort of level where they are owned by people that probably dont want to spend the money on fixing them, so they go ebay on as spares or repairs. The later diesels are also N47's so either snap the chains, or start rattling, at which point with it being a £2.5k bill (gearbox has to come off), you'd have to really love it to spend the money.

Yup. So i only bought the Hampton as the chain was already done, with the SD, it was priced such that even if i have to replace it, its still a decent purchase :cool:
Still have that boot liner you never knew you needed.