ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk 2 172 - 20 yrs old - Insurance @ £1619

Renaultsport Mégane R26

As on the subject line, is this is a good quote? This will be the case in November when I hit 20 and am hoping to upgrade the old 1.2 16V to the fully fledged 172! It was a quote I got today, simulating 3 years driving as well as 3 years NCB in addition to me being the main driver with a £650 excess...

Just wondering what you guys all think as I thought it wasnt too bad a quote... Its with First Alternative by the way :D

Thanks for all your help,

David

DC5

Yeah, mine was £1600 when I was 20 with elephant.co.uk. So that is about right. I had 4yrs NCB cos my previous insurance company cocked up (not that i am complaining)

VaVa

Ill never pay that much for insirance as long as Ive got a hole in my arse. lol.

Not bad for a young lad on a gr16 car though... and probably worth it!!

If you can wait till your 21, it should be a bit cheaper

SC 172 FF

lol thats nuthin guys....i pay 2600 on my old mans on a willy2!!!.....

sum people say im crazy, i say dont b silly! :devilish:

DC5

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 19 August 2005

3yrs ncb id ay u will get it cheaper than 1600 but u do get a decent price drop when your 21
I couldnt find cheaper than 1600 n e where when I was 20 and that was with 4 yrs NCB, not 3.

But too true about droppin when you are 21. It went down to 600. 750 with protected NCB.