ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 clio (chilled-cruising.co.uk)

Skoda Fabia vRS

think it needs bigger wheels and side skirts to carry off a big bumper like that mate

where you from

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Welcome mate.

Nice little cars RTs.

Word of warning, few people on here (including me) like modded cars.

What the heck, let me turn over a new leaf... lol

Its ok but Id definetly put the standard bumper back on. That one is too OTT for the car. Makes it look too wide and garish from the front.

Theres a few pics of my old RT on my member profile.

As long as you like it though.

*http://chilled-cruising.co.uk/portal/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=148&Cat=18edit I take back everything I said.

Yep, its ludicrous.

If it was just a simple wide arched kit, itd be ok but theyve stuck crap all over it and didnt know when to stop.

mk1 Hybrid - 13.7@100 mph

its nice i like it,

only thing is really that sun strip its thw wrong red. easy to fix tho :)

go 4 a badboy bonnet :) looks mint with jap bumpers

500bhp Scoob

Got a modded 5 door mk1 aswell, but i must say, that front bumper just isnt meant for a clio, the clio isnt a jap car, so no jap bumpers needed.

Ripspeed sun strip... says it all really.

red bits on Wiper arms and red wiper blades.. look tacky, stick to the black normal stuff, its not as if they are super dooper power blades

Seriously need to colour code the door handles and bump strips

Bonnet pins.... why? its not as if its a race car that needs them.

Shopping list down the side of the door... not needed, especially if it says things like Apexi, HKS and Blitz

And lower it, looks like a 4x4, and just doesnt do the car any favours.

Im not making a personal attack, am just stating my oppinion on it

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 27 May 2005

better looking things have come out of my arse
I so wanted to say that but thought Id get stick for it and tried for once to be constructive.

I should be true to myself! lol

172 M69 eater
  A silver Honda

Poor guy, what a friendly club eh?

Get rid of the sunstrip and wiper blades and start from there...

Mini Cooper S sport

Would look a million times better without that giant, badly-fitting bumper hanging off the front...anyone can see it simply doesnt go with the rest of the car.

You can work on removing the sun strip, shopping list and wiper blades another time.

Are we welcoming a new member here? Welcome to Cliosport, were all nice really..

Holy sh*t, that RT pales into insignificance beside this monstrosity:
http://chilled-cruising.co.uk/portal/feature-cars/Cliogerbil/Russ10.jpg

lets not beat arround the bush here. its sh*te. end of. and to top it all of its a 5 door, (if we are going into the 5dr versuss 3dr thread please dont make me search for the thread that i described why 3 doors are better.

but il put a short describtion

1. 5doors only acceptable if there is NO 3 door option. remeber 3 doors are cheaper so no excuses there

2. 5 doors only acceptable if you have kids are running your gran or family about. you bought a car for you so think for yourself.

3. Yes some 5 doors can look good (que the folk who will post up their 5 doors) BUT 3 will look better with whatever mods you have.

4. "It was a good deal i got the 5 door of my mum/ dad/ gran. in that case then you are the legal owner and its your choice to sell and get a 3dr. theres loads of clios about probably more 3 door than 5. no excuse.

5. i dont need a 5th point im just right accept it.

que the massive slating or comebacks from folk. but post your car ont he net you gotta accept critsm good or bad;)

[Edited by m4rk on 29 May 2005 at 12:21am]

Nothing...

Quote: Originally posted by m4rk on 29 May 2005
theres loads of clios about probably more 3 door than 5.

so owning a 5 door is that little bit extra exclusive :D :p

500bhp Scoob

3. Yes some 5 doors can look good (que the folk who will post up their 5 doors) BUT 3 will look better with whatever mods you have.

----------------------------------------

The fact it has 5 doors will be doing me a favour with what people think of my car :devilish:

And as its an oppitunity to post a pic of my car... heres a couple...
http://www.steven-petersen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/photos/26-03-05/pic-3.jpg

http://www.steven-petersen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/photos/26-03-05/pic-17.jpg

Feel free to comment on it if u wish

very nice... would look better as a 3 door!!

and maybe not those mirrors.

and good god man youv spent 100s on your car spend £20 more for clear side repeaters..

500bhp Scoob

ive got clear side repeaters, but the idiot bodyshop have glued the originals actually onto the wing, so when i start to pull off the originals, they pull the paint :confused:

Cant even go back to the bodyshop as its owned by different people now, and was a cash in hand job.

I prefer mine being a 5 door, many reasons why, i wont go into details for now :)

Mk2 Golf GTI

Would look better as a 3 door, any small car looks poor with 5!

Apart from the spoiler i think the blue one looks better than the red one, at least its not trying to be jap...

I dont think French and Jap cars could be any further from each other, but each to their own.

End of the day its not my money!

[Edited by spirez on 29 May 2005 at 12:32pm]

Oh, and all that I modded a 5 door to be different spouting is a load of crap!