ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 clio. The final word.

Few of you on the site know me, a few dont, i have owned and built 2 of the quickest clios on the site, and ive owned 3 valvers in total and an RT. I bought the car i have always wanted last week, an Audi S3. Ive owned and driven many cars, been to many race meets and 1/4 mile events, and i just wanted to say, that for me, the MK1 clio is still the best car i have owned. The 2l clios i owned especially. With the right mods, as far as im concerned, few can match the clio for all round pace, straight line acceleration, there are some 2l clios the can hit 100mph form stnding in sub 15 secs, which is ridiculous for a FWD hot hatch. And as for corners, im yet to drive a car with as much feedback and traction across a wide range of bends. Had many encounters in the clios the best of the bunch being out acclerating 2 different Boxsters, latching on to a carrera for a short while and playing with an M5 through the twistys. Add to that the usual scooby and CTR bahsings, id say its pretty clear that the clio can hold its own even in todays new hot hatch era. The S3 ive always wanted, as an all round package its the best car i have owned, the interior, build quality, good pace and handling for a a standard car, but it defintily lacks the raw feel the clios had. The cars i have mentioned above(M5, carrera, boxster etc.) are obviously much superior cars, and i would love to own any of them, but the clio, especially for the money, offers something that other cars dont, and thats a mssive grin every time you press the loud pedal, and a massive adrenaline rush when you fly around sweeping bends. Just thought id share my views with eveyone, and yes i am bored. very bored. Also on the look out for a toy 2l clio, heard my old black ones for sale at a reasonable price and a 14.4 1/4 mile time with hardly any mods....

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1061668074__Dsci0043.jpg

nice mate, I think we need say no more!

Was expecting you to post up some pics of all your motors though, old to knew, got any of your white valver?

Danny

Not got any pics of the white one, got a pic of the yellow onehttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1085072806__IMG_0095.jpgBut you all know about that one! For those who dont, 14.1 1/4, enough said i think!Here are a few pics of my new motor! Def one for the ladies but from a divers point of view, no where near as satisfying as the little clios!
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=103991&SearchPagePosition=1&search=s3&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=16&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchclick me

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Good stuff mate!

most people underestimate the clios, especially the 2.0s!

awesome cars, just need to be that bit more reliable!

cheers mate. Craig, the reason the 2 litre clios are so underestimated is what makes them attractive. BS performance figures dont do them any favour either, an S3 can run mid 14s due to launching off the line with 4 wheel drive traction, but i know that a 14 second clio would rape the S3 once rolling. Once you get the power down in the clios the acceleration is ridiculous!

williams and trophy

glad to see ur liking ur new motor fella...........cant help but miss the grin factor of the clios tho huh lol

cant blame u mate tbh............the 2 litre clios can definately still hold their own on the road strip track with the big boys.........iv given over postin most of the races cos i get too much sh*t .....lol...people sayin ...u cant stay with that in a little clio.........lol.....how little they know the car or driver lol

lets keep them stealth though boys. the only other fwd motor i can think of are 2l novas, but everyone knows about them , 2l clios are the real street sleepers, and they can corner!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

What about the Seat Ibizas - bet they respond well to the tickling stick ???

alright Mehdi, long time no see fellor, well have to hook up and you can take me for a spin in the new beasty.

agree with all the comments on here, let the people that dont believe see for themselves, I go on the Skyline forums a lot and that lot are so much more humble, none of this "no way did you beat that" crap going on there. think its a more mature website though and they realise that any car can be made to go fast. think its just subaru owners that think their cars are the fastest thing on the road... picturing my m8s face again as that blue 182 just pulled away from him on the M60 makes me laugh, especially when its RRd at 250+bhp. we all know the Clios power though, thats all that matters I guess. think the 2.0 willy/megane powered Clios are the quickest in the club still too, good to know :D

you gonna be getting another valver then pal?

320d M Sport

nice to see u post again mehdi! lol

anyway, yeah i liked that black valver. And im a fan of the S3 as well.

Make sure u bring it along to a meet, never really had proper look at one.Gonna Chip it?

jon, paddy, nice to hear from you guys. ill keep an eye on the meets board for the next NW encounter, would be nice to see everyone again!

As for the S3, standard or near enough to standard is the way im hoping to keep it. Said that before though! Just concentrating on geting the car looking mint, few minor scratches and building up the layers of polish, still got to be clean even though now i guess im clean20v! If anything im prob gonna go for a set of 18" RS4 wheels and maybe a chip, cant afford to lose money on this car and im fairly satisfied with it standard! For now!

As for getting nother valver, if i can get my old one at a reasonable price then i will, its got everything it needs, coilovers, tints, SuperTs, willy engine/box etc. and that all important 14.4 1/4! So who knows!