ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK2 172 (01- ) Magnex Systems

Clio 1.6 16V

For those peeps that may be interested,

After about three attempts I eventually managed to raise an email reply via the Magnex website re Full CAT back systems for the MK2 172 (Apr 2001 onwards). Twin & oval systems are currently only quoted for 172 (Jan 2000 - Apr 2001). http://www.magnexexhausts.plus.com/products/_back_system/renault.htmhttp://www.magnexexhausts.plus.com/products/_back_system/renault.htm

Email reply as follows:-

"Probably, towards the end July / August - cant say for definite as we have a development schedule we work to and we have a few which we have had more enquiries for which will come in before the Clio. Ring our sales line on 01773 876330 in July time and I would say we will be about there with it.

Best Regards

Fiona Rowe
Marketing Assistant"

So, Im definately going for the K-Tec system now ..... cant wait that long!

Neil

Clio 1.6 16V

Cheers Paul & Mike,

I actually showed my local Magnex dealer your picture Mike a few weeks back (hope you dont mind), but he was still reluctant to order/fit it for me. He reckons that the rear mounts have been modified to fit under the supposedly deeper rear valance of the phase 2 172?! I think he feels that if they have to modify it, it may cause problems with the Magnex warranty? Unfortunately Im just a tad too far North of Demon Tweaks to get them to fit.

Perhaps I need to push my local Magnex dealer a bit harder. I think the K-Tec and Magnex systems are both good quality systems and I keep swaying my decision between them, but I would still prefer a system to be fitted by a local professional exhaust dealer mainly for exhaust warranty reasons. Therefore for this reason, the Magnex would take preference over the K-Tec.

Neil

Renault Laguna Coupe

Blimey Neil thats weird - Paul F has the same as I do! Its a lovely fit - a half-inch below the valance.

Robby - the Magnex isnt nearly a loud as a k-tec, so if noise is your bag Id recommend the k-tec (k-tec are good quality too). The Magnex gives that nice burble around town, and a healthy wail once you get going, but you can still have a conversation inside the car.

Mine is the back box. Only problem i had was i had to bin the bolts that came with it and lowere it using coach bolts.

For sound as mike said - but mine is probably slight louder due to the k&n induction kit.

Paul

Clio 1.6 16V

Paul, I presume you had to lower it to get it under the rear valance ....y/n? Does that suggest then that there is still a problem fitting to MK2 172?

Mike, perhaps DT had to do the same sort of mod to yours, or were you there when they fitted it?

This is weird!:confused:

Neil

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah I was there - no mention of anything like that though - took them about 20 minutes to fit. It was a hot sunny day in July last year though so I didnt sit and watch as it wa nicer out in the sunshine!