ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Sub wire through bulkhead

Mk3 Dynamique S
For the first time today I installed an Alpine SWE-815 sub in a 2007 Mk3 Dynamique S. It took a bit of time to figure out how to get a wire for the supply through the bulkhead. I basically followed the advice on various threads on here so thought I'd put up some pics. May be other ways to do it, it worked ok for me.

Took out the battery:
5_4_15%20001_zpsjgpyr7oc.jpg

Helped to have a long hex allen wrench for the battery clamp:
5_4_15%20017_zps7fwip9fy.jpg

Unclipped the fuse holder, removed the battery shroud and airbox. Haynes manual was useful, once everything's unclipped the airbox slid forward out of the slots on its base and was lifted out:
5_4_15%20007_zpshqolbgnr.jpg

I then used a small electrical Philips head screwdriver:
5_4_15%20013_zpsxf33kpza.jpg

Looked up under the glovebox, there's a rubber grommet with multiple wires going through into the engine bay. Lifted up the right side of the grommet and just below a section of the white plastic assembly there was some exposed rubber. I pushed the screwdriver into this. The rubber is soft and with some pressure the screwdriver goes through the rubber and I could feel it break through to the other side. The yellow wire is the supply for the sub it shows where to go through:
5_4_15%20012_zpsx0al2hfd.jpg

After a bit of widening of the hole, to get the wire through I placed the bullet connector on the tip of the screwdriver and pushed that through the hole. It came out in the engine bay behind where the airbox was. Simple then to pull it through and connect to the battery. Back inside the car all the cables could easily be tucked inside the side plastics without removing any and routed through to the boot. For a small car the sub has some nice bass.

Last edited: