ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more racing videos from craggy

mk2 172

what jon catching him up? the ctr came flying from behind off a roundabout and he caught it, did the same 3 times. end of, jons car has whoop[ed endless 172s, come to york monday and find out yourself!

Williams 2. The one against Adi looks pretty even to me. The CTR does look to pull away quite convincingly, but from the "...hes going for it..." comment in the video, the CTR had already built up speed by the time it came past. If you want a reminder of what a fraction of a second head start can do, just look at Craggy murdering the Cup off the line at Santa Pod! Took him a 1/4 mile to catch up!

clio 20v

which vid were u lookin at the ctr came past doing well more speed than jons and he stopped the gap increasing and started to reel it in

in the second vid theres not a lot init i pulled away slightly but i got on the power first anyway

adi

what car is it incam?

the ctr deff slowed down quite a bit while the incar guy just kept flooring it. I have peeps doing that all the time u leave them then they still insist on catching you until you get bored, but a fast car will stay level with you.

mk2 172

theres another vid coming from a side by side 60 -over tonne, jom leaves the ctr and he flashes twice once hes been caned

clio 20v

jon has a willy 1 which regularly does high 14 sec quarter miles so its no slouch

the ctr guy didnt really take his car much over 110 while nutcase jon keeps it planted till 130 hehe, the ctr pulled away once at about 100 mph cos willys hav 2 be in 5th at that speed an the ctr was obviously in a lower gear but from 60-70 mph we left it

adi

williams and trophy

mitsi mate we dint put the light on the camera so as not to scare him off racing lol

the 1st vid doesnt show the speed the ctr had built up before he came past us and i can tell u it was me doin bout 30 an him doin about 70 lol. in defence he was 3 up as well as me but i was totally surprised at how quik i caught n passed him and left him too with his r5gtt driving friend left a loooooong way behind. and i thought ctrs were sposed to be quick.......maybe it was just the driver.

the red valver is one of the fastest in the country (i believe) and i have a huge amount of respect for its new owner and previous owner.ask them theyll both tell you its left a lot more supposedly quicker cars in its wake. also as adi said its difficult to tell when he booted it and when i did....but the gap doesnt get any bigger and if u listen carefully you will also notice that im not back on full power as soon as ive put it in third, as i would be if we were goin flat out

if u wanna prove ur 172 race any of me adi or paddy ....these cars are very very similar in terms of on road performance

clio 20v

yeh on the vid of me an jon racin im not completely flat out as im watchin for cars an indicators and then that coach pulls out on me

was surprised with the ctr but the one i raced in my silver valver wiv willy engine didnt pull any on me an jons was quiker than that ,well wen he had traction lol, dunno wether ctrs suffer more than the willy havin extra weight of 2 more people in the car cos i wudnt hav expected us to cane it by that much but wed still hav won hehe

dunno about mine bein one of quickest in country but it does fukin go, we got geds t/bd one wen its done an nick reads turbod one on the scene now, ive not been beaten yet tho hehe

jons is stupidly quik for an almost standard willy dont kno wot hes done 2 it its funny how he used to cane my 1800 an now hes tryin 2 keep up hehe u wanna look at my rr graph agen jon ;)

adi

mk2 172

lol mate, thort i was gonna see an angry post when i saw ur name, the clio is the fastest near to standard one about, it has only breathing mods but pulls like a train, 14.800 1/4 mile and really flies top end un explainable

mk2 172

thats york dragway, arguably slower than santa pod, my williams also runs 14.8 , iv sold it to jon, (he now has 2 14.8 williams)!

Golf GTI Ed30

I keep meaning to go to York drag way. But always end up going to Santa pod instead. Do you ever go? I know some of the lads from this site do. As ive had a dual with one of the lads in a Cup ( Matt Brown I think ) down the strip a few weeks ago. There was a load of Cups there on that day.

Golf GTI Ed30

....... I still think that CTR driver on that vid was a tart. Cause I had a blast with a Willy2 the other night and although he caught me napping to start, and they have got sh*t hot acceleration, I was planted to his arse pretty quick and he gave up. Not taking anything away from them cause I still think they are one of the best hot hatches around. Even by todays standards. But as quick as your mates Clio is it wouldnt pull a gap as big as that at them speeds I know....

mk2 172

i go to york a lot, so does jon in the williams, hes there all the time and would be happy, infact dying to ravce you, go on monday!, iv been to pod too

Golf GTI Ed30

Its on on monday is it. Mint! I will have a word with my mate and see if he wants to come along and I maybe there all things going well. How much is it? What time does it kick off? How much to run? etc

Ill be up for a dual without a doubt. Want to see if the strips any quicker than Pod for a start. It would be good if I can beat my best at pod of 14.89 @ 95.6mph.

mk2 172

its 8.50 to get in and 15 to run, you will get sh*tloads of runs in if you want. a lot more than pod and im sure youll beat your time as theres enough runs to experiment. be there between 9 and ten id say for scrutineering, you need a helmet but they can lend you one for free

hopefully see you there mate!

were a friendly bunch and all want to see the type r in action

craggy

Golf GTI Ed30

Had a good comparison with that Matt Browns Cup at pod. Quility race that was. My mates said hes definatly up for it. So ill just clear it with the enemy and well be there.

Ill have a word with the lads on the CTR site and see if I cant get a few of them up for it too.

See ya monday mate!

williams and trophy

hehe buzzin......

like i said i was tottally surprised at just how quickly i caught and passed the ctr...and like ive also said somewhere else itd be buzzin if anyone can come and try to prove us wrong cos ive heard sooooooo much about these cars

iv been to pod too but feel its not as organised as york is run-wise......and pod seems to be the slightly quikka strip of the 2

hope to see a few of the ctrs there on mon so i can race a few..ull no which one is me..................... mine will be the willy1 kickin ass lol....(hopefully)

jon

Golf GTI Ed30

Mines the Black CTR reg E*** WDJ. Might be able to get my mate down in his new Leon Cupra R too hopefully.

What mods has this VTS of yours got. Cause I use to have a 106 GTI which I do miss from time to time.

mk2 172

vts ran 15.6 at pod totally standard, now has de-cat and induction kit, cant wait to see what it does now! has got a bit quicker. where you coming from? dont forget to check the weather in the morning, but york let you run when its a bit damp anyway!

Golf GTI Ed30

Coming from Lincoln so not to far. Where abouts in York is it. Is it easy enough to find?

The lad whos coming with me has a 106 GTI too thats got a de-cat pipe and filter. So ill see if I can get him to bring his as well.