ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR2 K-swap Project

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So, not many updates for the car other than I've started making my custom trailing and toe arms.

The arms are with my mate at the moment as he has a lathe so he's tapping either end of them with left hand and right hand threads.

I then proceeded to make the brackets for the trailing arms.

Some artsy welding shots for the fans 😂

20200715_163652.jpg
20200715_145523.jpg
20200715_142330.jpg

I'm on the brink of ordering a fabrication table too, now I'm getting to a point where my welding skills are getting much better my current not flat table is holding me back.

That coupled with having no holes in it for clamps is getting really tiresome.
I built this table purely to learn welding on so it's definitely served its purpose

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
So I've made some progress on the door stabilisers after having some time away from the 3d printer.

First trial for fitment and you can see how it's stiffened the door up nicely!

One side with, one side without.
Going to set the other side off printing and fitment and do some driving to see the difference (if any)

The car is also inside the garage as I've got some durability issues to resolve that I've tested on the road. And also some nice bits to fit.

- adjust the camber up front
- fit camber bolts to the rear
- fit polybushed rear mount
- resolve a small oil seep from rocker cover
- heatshield a part of the engine harness that's close to the exhaust
- move the seat a bit closer
- repaint engine cover behind drivers seat

So far I've done 1,200 miles in it and they have been awesome. No horrible issues at all. It's fast, really fun and yet is nice for long distance drives too!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
In other news I've convinced the Mrs that we'll get all the camping stuff in the mr2 for Wales in a few weeks.

Not giving up the chance to drive on those amazing roads with this car however...

20200719_144803.jpg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Ah it must be so nice to go camping with only your partner. I have camping with wife and 4 kids to look forward to next weekend. I will be heading to Scotland not Wales so at least my roads will be better even in a Scenic lol.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I wish mate!

Developed a bit of a clunk from the rear! It's when I'm going over uneven ground on the grass, very weird
Suspension components seem okay?! May be wheels thst are loose

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Could well be mate! I've had a look around and nothing too out if the ordinary. Had a right drive through Bala near evo triangle and through snowdonia and my god had such a laugh. The car just glides around even the tightest of corners. Full post and pics tomorrow

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Well what a weekend in the 0 Yep mobile. Had such a laugh tearing around the Welsh countryside with only the aforementioned knock when turning left and right at slow speed. I'll investigate tomorrow but I'm sure it won't be anything I can't fix haha

How I managed to cram it all in I have no idea but I guess you can say I'm just generally great at cramming things in tight spaces

Got to the campsite and parked up, got everything out and took some pics of the scenery and car ofc

20200731_131034.jpg
20200731_132511.jpg

I however fucked up a bit. I started to get a bit angry and hot and flustered and it turned out I had caught the sun quite significantly from the 2.5 hour drive across as the roof was down the whole way in 32 degree sun
O s**t. Look like a bastarding drumstick lolly

20200731_181842.jpg

On with the beers anyway
Gotta say, definitely had the smallest and shittest tent there
20200731_192202.jpg

20200731_192243.jpg

Some more snaps just because!
20200801_152313.jpg

20200801_152409.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Went and did the horse shoe pass this morning as we left which is a brilliant road. Did it before with some mates 4 years ago.

Then headed for a drive to the aqua duct and walked along that.

Best thing about having the Grilled slots in the engine lid... Towel dryer, literally had the towel dry from soaking in 10 mins 😂😂

20200801_172327.jpg
20200802_113456.jpg
20200802_113512.jpg
20200802_120745.jpg
20200802_121016.jpg
20200802_121119.jpg
20200802_130858.jpg

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
Camping in an MR2 is impressive. I took mine to France for a week once and needed a boot rack! The frunk is pathetic in these and that leaves you with storing things behind the seats but then you can't put the roof down!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Camping in an MR2 is impressive. I took mine to France for a week once and needed a boot rack! The frunk is pathetic in these and that leaves you with storing things behind the seats but then you can't put the roof down!
Did the stuff on the boot rack not get all toasty hot?
I know what you mean, the lack of boot really does make a huge difference
You'll have to come along to the next JDM meet at Squires in September @dann2707, all of the vaping tracksuited chavs would absolutely swoon over this.
Well up for that, didn't even realise it was a thing!

Jeff simply

ClioSport Club Member
Did the stuff on the boot rack not get all toasty hot?
I know what you mean, the lack of boot really does make a huge difference

Well up for that, didn't even realise it was a thing!
I didn't put chocolates in the suitcases but there's a good gap between the vents and the bottom of the boot rack I used (it looked utterly s**t, but the ex was happy she could take more than 1 pair of shoes)