ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR2 K-swap Project

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Someone offered to buy the car today for 4k

Engine, box and diff alone comes to £2.2k ish haha

I was polite about it as I guess its not a terrible offer as I said I didn't know what I wanted for it. (I'm not selling btw I just got a random message out of the blue asking if I will sell)

Driving it home today I thought how happy I was with it, proper reliable peen too really.
£4k :ROFLMAO:

Mine is worth more than £4k

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Has this sold?
No updates.
What's next?
I still have it but its been really boringly reliable so I haven't got much to add :(

Its just flown through another mot without any issues which is great.

I don't really know what else to do without it looking tacky. Maybe a front splitter to set the front end off?

Got a track day booked on the 15th of May just at Curborough so it will be nice to try it properly.

I need some decent tyres though

Porl

ClioSport Club Member
1576703706107-79381857_3215749911774810_2395095453281550336_o.jpg

Stop pissing around and get it finished Danyil.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Actually some great news. Sourced some 15" team dynamics for a decent price.

Been for a drive today and enjoy driving the thing so much, I'm learning to properly drive it around corners much to the dismay of the Mrs hahaha

Had some lunch before walking up a mountain that looked like a pair of boobies.

Mrs is 5ft 6 and makes the car look tiny

Screenshot_20210417_170847.jpg
IMG_20210417_131654.jpg

This is one of the boobs. Around a D cup I think
IMG_20210417_142843.jpg

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
See if you can find a decent set of tyres for those TD's, the difference a set of grippy, stiff sidewalled tyres makes on the MK3 is unbelievable.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
See if you can find a decent set of tyres for those TD's, the difference a set of grippy, stiff sidewalled tyres makes on the MK3 is unbelievable.
I will do mate! Not sure what to go for for mainly occasional fast road. Ad08r is mot an option sadly :(

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
I will do mate! Not sure what to go for for mainly occasional fast road. Ad08r is mot an option sadly :(
These are getting good reviews and cheap enough.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

What profile do you run in 15? 195/50?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member

Prices in the Netherlands are showing €101 for a soft in 205/45r16 and £105 (€119) in the UK. Quite a big difference between countries!

JB21

ClioSport Club Member

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Look like you need some tappered nuts mate. Neither nut looks safe. The OE nuts dont fit my OZ Ultra either as the flanges are to big.
They are tapered matey. Ordered them especially. Just need some extended wheel studs which are on order now Awoopwoop shopping

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cars making a disgusting whining noise. Sounds supercharged.

Gone to inspect it today and the b*****d is missing two bolts. No idea how it's still running okay! Second image shows the gap which definitely shouldn't be there.

Video shows the total movement. Hopefully that solves the issue, either that or it's a pulley.

IMG_20210502_201501.jpg
IMG_20210502_162343.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Started removing some bits that are in the way to hopefully see what the issue is.

Thinking it's snapped off in there. It's bloody horribly tight down there so access is a pita

IMG_20210503_123818.jpg
IMG_20210503_121533.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Wotttadayyyyyyy

Drilled out the old bolt and that was a pain in the arse and has left me a very questionable amount of threads which I really don't feel too confident about at all so I'm going to helicoil it. Ordered a set just now which will arrive tomorrow.

When inspecting the bearings I noticed that the idler pulley feeling quite rough. I've taken it off to inspect and that is cracked. I haven't had a proper chance to think about it but I can't see how they can't be linked.

I 100% didn't fit a bolt into this bit here during assembly as I didn't even realise there should have been one in there

I guess that's prevented a decent amount of clamp load on that system which has then relaxed, pulled over and the belt has been running untrue putting excessive load on the top idler causing the crack/damage

Bolt should have gone here
IMG_20210503_154902.jpg

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Is the broken bolt corroded in?

I had some good luck removing a sheared ali bolt using a left handed drill bit, saves faffing around with helicoils etc

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Is the broken bolt corroded in?

I had some good luck removing a sheared ali bolt using a left handed drill bit, saves faffing around with helicoils etc
No matey mentioned in the last post, I drilled it out it's just taken some of the ali threads out with it so I'll stick a helicoils in and it'll be reet.

Shame it's a bit of a b*****d to remove as I would have just welded some metal in there and drilled and tapped that