ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR2 K-swap Project

Louis

ClioSport Club Member
Only if you're stupid enough to stand in the garage for over 30 mins while it a full room. We have 147l 300 Bar IG55 cyllinders (50 of them) for the DC at work

The room is designed to withstand the full release pressure and then hold the gas for a minimum of 20 mins. I doubt Dan's garage would hold all of that gas for 10 mins even with the door shut and a blanket laid down in front of it 😂
You dont need it to fill a room, just the floor space. Bend down and itll knock you right out where you stay on the floor without oxygen

Hello Howard Speaking

ClioSport Club Member
  Mx5 NC
Only if you're stupid enough to stand in the garage for over 30 mins while it a full room. We have 147l 300 Bar IG55 cyllinders (50 of them) for the DC at work

The room is designed to withstand the full release pressure and then hold the gas for a minimum of 20 mins. I doubt Dan's garage would hold all of that gas for 10 mins even with the door shut and a blanket laid down in front of it 😂
Bet there's an oxygen sensor in that room!

It also has no colour or smell, how does he know its filled his garage, could easily spend 10mins in there and be in trouble.

He's from the North, it'll be reet.
Not anymore he's not. He's a tory southerner now. Therefore reducing his 'ard c**t rating by 50 points

There's a very specific way of telling you have an inert leak, number 1 you have a pressure gauge on your bottles. Or the hard way, number 2, when you feel your lungs fall out your arse and your voice sounds like Barry White after he's just woken up, that's probably about the time to start making a run for the door.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
You'd need to leak alot of the gas quickly to fill the room.

Having recently done that myself I can say you'd certainly notice it happening.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hey all, hope you're all well.

Just done more of the exhaust tonight, been so busy lately so haven't had that much garage time.

Finally added the 2-1 part of thr exhaust, had a bit of issue with fitment and some utterly c**t worthy bits to weld but it was okay in the end.

I also have mocked up the silencers and connected them up together with a 3" 180deg bend.

Got some nice strap ons from amazon to hold it in place whilst I mocked everything else up.

It's coming together nicely, next I'll be finishing off the welds and make the exhaust hangers. I have 1m of 10mm stainless rod that I'll be cutting to make hangers out of.

I'm happy how it's turned out for my first attempt at this, definitely would love to do it again and get more practise on it.

IMG_20191211_210347.jpg
IMG_20191211_210353.jpg
IMG_20191211_210313.jpg
IMG_20191211_210957.jpg
IMG_20191211_210433.jpg

Archtronics

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hey all, hope you're all well.

Just done more of the exhaust tonight, been so busy lately so haven't had that much garage time.

Finally added the 2-1 part of thr exhaust, had a bit of issue with fitment and some utterly c**t worthy bits to weld but it was okay in the end.

I also have mocked up the silencers and connected them up together with a 3" 180deg bend.

Got some nice strap ons from amazon to hold it in place whilst I mocked everything else up.

It's coming together nicely, next I'll be finishing off the welds and make the exhaust hangers. I have 1m of 10mm stainless rod that I'll be cutting to make hangers out of.

I'm happy how it's turned out for my first attempt at this, definitely would love to do it again and get more practise on it.
🤔🤔🤔

Sterling work tho!

MR2 Mk3 / Giulietta
Saw this in person the other night and the quality is exceptional - I have seen 'professional' work which is much worse than this first attempt!

Cant wait for the rest of the swap dude.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Are these usually wrapped or coated?

Looks like a fairly tight engine bay to run a hot exhaust through, can imagine it heats up a fair bit.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182
I've just got one question, why's it not straight piped? We need to hear you coming from a mile away bouncing it off the limiter like all K20 owners.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Had a good afternoon sorting out the hangers. The system is now hanging by itself without the strap-ons on. Going to make one more hanger for it, just waiting on a rubber mount in the post.

It's nice and sturdy but also has enough flex on the flexi.

I've ordered another v band clamp for the final silencer so that I can change the exhaust tips to whatever I like easy enough. I have also done it like this so that I can make another little silencer or resonator if it's too loud as it is for track.

Current plan is to have a centre exit exhaust under the bumper, got some fun plans with some pie cuts to make that which I look forward to getting stuck into!

It's starting to look finished on the exhaust side now

IMG_20191217_172001.jpg
IMG_20191217_154338.jpg
IMG_20191217_143919.jpg
IMG_20191217_173711.jpg
IMG_20191217_173656.jpg
IMG_20191217_172246.jpg
IMG_20191217_172228.jpg
IMG_20191217_172235.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
First and foremost let's get the important s**t out of the way. Printed off a baby yoda last night look how f**king cute he is 😂

IMG_20191220_141512.jpg

Boring stuff now, had my first crack at pie /lobster cuts for the tail pipe and I gotta say I'm impressed with the technique. Pretty much nailed it first go really.

The main issue with pie cuts is getting each cut absolutely consistent so that they are the same for each piece of pie.

My technique is draw a line straight down the pipe. This in itself is very hard to keep it straight and parallel with the pipe, used angle iron for that bit. Then I have to do another line exactly 180 deg from that line

That involved me getting some tape and going around the pipe, folding it in half then that gives you your 180 to the first mark. Do that line.

Next I put it in the band saw and made a reference mark for the line. I chose my angle of cut and did a cut. Moved the pipe 180 to the other line lining up with my reference point. That the gives you the same angle on each piece of pie. Does that make any sense?

Another thing to factor is the stick out of the pipe each time to get the same length of pie. Used the fence on the band saw for that.

That gave me all the pies

IMG_20191220_163349.jpg

I then tacked them in place and made a 180 and a 90 as I'm making this one a centre exit. It's hard to hold them in place for the photo but I'm sure you get the idea.

Will be welding them up tomorrow and hopefully finishing the exhaust.

IMG_20191220_164949.jpg
IMG_20191220_182101.jpg
IMG_20191220_182112.jpg
IMG_20191220_181828_1.jpg
IMG_20191220_182009.jpg
IMG_20191220_182432.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Literally have f**k all clue what I'm doing. Got the wiring diagrams and that but it's too confusing. I hate wiring with a f**king passion I can't hack it I'm off to play cod 😂😂😂

Was gonna have a car day but I've given in I cant be bothered at all with this s**t

Supposed to be wiring in the universal k swap harness but getting confused with the mr2 body harness which is throwing me off.

IMG_20200104_150424.jpg
IMG_20200104_150420.jpg
IMG_20200104_150428.jpg