ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boosted Blue 182

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I've had the turbo company who are checking the churbo gt28 over ring me, they've basically said if I'd run with the turbo as it was then it would've died in no time. Glad I've had it checked over now tbh. They're going to do some work on it and see what the outcome is with it.

He has got a GT2860RS there if all else fails... We will see what he says over the next couple of days.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've had the turbo company who are checking the churbo gt28 over ring me, they've basically said if I'd run with the turbo as it was then it would've died in no time. Glad I've had it checked over now tbh. They're going to do some work on it and see what the outcome is with it.

He has got a GT2860RS there if all else fails... We will see what he says over the next couple of days.
The test on the maxspeedingrods turbo I watched did say they're pretty good, and well balanced up to a point.
The conclusion was if you were planning running anything over 12+ ish psi it'd be worth getting it balanced and putting a 360° bearing in there (I believe they're 270° bearings in these churbos)
I'm only running a max of 8psi so it should live forever.

Keep us posted!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
The test on the maxspeedingrods turbo I watched did say they're pretty good, and well balanced up to a point.
The conclusion was if you were planning running anything over 12+ ish psi it'd be worth getting it balanced and putting a 360° bearing in there (I believe they're 270° bearings in these churbos)
I'm only running a max of 8psi so it should live forever.

Keep us posted!

Do you have a link to the video?

I'm only going to be using the EFI module which is capped at 12psi, should be around 270bhp though. I'm only going off what i've been told but he's going to have a play over the next couple of days and ring me. Depending how much the fettling costs, I may just buy the garrett he's got in a box... i was hoping to save money though going for a churbo :rolleyes:

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Do you have a link to the video?

I'm only going to be using the EFI module which is capped at 12psi, should be around 270bhp though. I'm only going off what i've been told but he's going to have a play over the next couple of days and ring me. Depending how much the fettling costs, I may just buy the garrett he's got in a box... i was hoping to save money though going for a churbo :rolleyes:

Give that a watch 😁

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It’ll be fine at the boost we run. Had one on my Astra and it took loads of abuse. Just warm it up, let it run to cool down and it’ll be fine. If not you can blow 11 of them up before you justify buying a proper one 😂

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Turbo guy said the housings poor quality but should be fine, he said it would be sound at 12psi. Then he sent me this picture with no caption, not sure if it's good or not :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 16.22.03.png

In other news my 2118's are ready to collect, these will look mega once the new stickers are on!!

Screenshot 2021-07-14 at 16.20.55.png

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Ordered these yesterday with a couple other things, hopefully they're suitable for my 270bhp target. I asked on Facebook about the valves and how they hold up, some people said they're sound and others said they failed etc... I just wanted piece of mind really, hopefully I made the right choice though...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Got the turbo back too all checked over, ported and ready to fit. Also took me a week to fetch my wheels, only got them Friday but ran out of time to fit them before going away this week. The finish on them is superb!!

View attachment 1550408

View attachment 1550407
Look good those mate. I'd look at removing the coating where the nut taper sits as it can work the nuts loose.

Got any turbo photos? What did it cost in the end?

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Look good those mate. I'd look at removing the coating where the nut taper sits as it can work the nuts loose.

Got any turbo photos? What did it cost in the end?

Yes mate will be doing that, not many people do it before fitting refurbed wheels!!

No turbo photos, I've only had to sort him a drink for it. He does a lot of work for my uncle though

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
No progress as such. The engines still on the work bench, works so busy but will hopefully find time to get it sorted over the next few weekends.

last night I picked up a bargain BTM exhaust, I think I’ll be replacing my scorpion exhaust with this one. Are they a similar noise to the Yozza fitted on my inferno 182?

D2BDDAB7-927A-4B21-B443-8CA4E56245B4.jpeg

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I nearly bought that mate, saw you replied after me! In fact I would have bought it but the cat was welded to the centre pipe and I don’t have the time to mess around getting it removed. But it was an absolute bargain

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I nearly bought that mate, saw you replied after me! In fact I would have bought it but the cat was welded to the centre pipe and I don’t have the time to mess around getting it removed. But it was an absolute bargain

It was only 20 minutes away from me, so at that price I couldn't refuse it! It's pretty mint as well!

The cat is gutted but I will just chop that off anyway as it's not needed

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Progress has been slow. Work was getting so busy so i've taken on another mechanic to help cope with the workload, which means we're also making progress on the Clio!!

Finally got my head back, fresh skim with new mahle exhaust valves and catcam inlet valves.

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 08.10.32.png

It will be ready for CSF22, unsure if I tempt fate and try a track day too lol!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Engines pretty much together, needs a belt throwing on and then it's ready to re-fit. Got to try and paint it before then though.

Finally got the subframe mounted up and fitted the front GAZ coilovers with the Powerflex black series top mounts. Will need to raise it up before driving though

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 20.44.57.png

Screenshot 2022-04-15 at 20.44.48.png

Allow the d*ck on the windscreen, my pals are really against Clio's haha

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Engines in and on the mounts, having issues with the turbo touching the bulkhead though? Bought a heatshield from Engine-Dynamics and when the engine was lowered in, the turbo has ripped straight through the bloody thing - time to take it back out and fit a new one :ROFLMAO:

Anyone got any tips or tricks on how to stop it from touching? Thinking the kTEC mounts aren't helping my cause?

IMG_7062.jpeg

IMG_7061.jpeg

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Engines in and on the mounts, having issues with the turbo touching the bulkhead though? Bought a heatshield from Engine-Dynamics and when the engine was lowered in, the turbo has ripped straight through the bloody thing - time to take it back out and fit a new one :ROFLMAO:

Anyone got any tips or tricks on how to stop it from touching? Thinking the kTEC mounts aren't helping my cause?

View attachment 1667623

View attachment 1667624
I used a wooden mallet to shape mine to the bulkhead so it cleared the turbo.

I'm running a gt28 churbo with about ¼" clearance now

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Also my actuator mount allows for a bit more wiggle room, but you'd need an actuator arm to match.
The pic above is the first actuator I tried which wasn't great, so I went to a 5psi Garrett

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
As above. I re-engineered the bulkhead with a big hammer. Best bit is that it doesn’t matter how s**t a job or how much of a mess you make cos you can just stick a bit of heat shield over the top and all is well. It works a treat 😂.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
We’ve got it on the ramp and got the powder coated subframe fitted with the steering rack. Having a mare with the downpipe, so ordered a t25 to v band adaptor (like the ED one) and having a friend cut and weld my downpipe to be v band. Waiting for this be done to put the driveshafts in.

I need to get the radiator fitted so I can line up the intercooler. Can anyone post pictures of their engine bays/intercooler setups? Struggling to remember where some things are routed 😂 It has been apart over 3 years!

Got my motul gearbox oil in with a fresh engine oil filter ready for it to run.

My question is, can I run the car with a boost pipe disconnected? I want to get the turbo module from EFI when in it’s closer to being completed.

IMG_0544.jpeg

IMG_0542.jpeg