ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Baby

My Baby was picked up yesterday and is now in the workshop having the damage assessed ready for the insurance company. I had a real close look again yesterday and it appears that the oil on the undertray seems to have got worse since coming home, this wasnt there before the accident – not good! I’m awaiting a phone call today to find out the extent of the damage. At the mo’ its looking like she might be off the road for a while :( .

In the mean time I have been sent a bill for the damage to the barrier, directly from the Building company that repairs them! Its come out at a grand old 1700 Euros, about 1200 squid in the Queens English. This is a bit cheaper than the 2200 that they demanded from my on the day. At present Im not sure how to handle this. The bill is all in German (not had chance to translate it yet) but I don’t want to slow down the insurance claim in anyway because of any wording that they might flag up. Legally as this is a public road they should pay up anyway but they might start being arsey when they see the words “Schutzplankenschäden auf Nurburgring” which means – “Protective plank damage on Nurburgring”!! This could slow down my claim and keep the car off the road longer which I don’t want. It also includes a faxed report from the ring themselves with a nice picture of a racing car on their headed paper! I’m considering paying this myself and trying to claim it back at a later date. Sheesh – best go and visit my bank manager!

I wish (apart from crashing in the first place!) that I had disputed the 36metre length of barrier as this was way in excess of the actual damage (about 4-6 metres I reckon + 1 post). They said that they always replace the whole section even after minor prangs like mine. A bit excessive in my view but at the time my main concern was getting my car back home.

Ill keep you posted.

mate they just replace the 6 bits you bent and stick the rest in that area where we were stood there was quite a bit of spare armco in there there was no chance you damaged 36 meters of armco th emax the could even find a mark on was about 3 bits long so 12 bits in total ok 3 of them were badly damaged but still it wasnt that much damage anywhere else. i wouldnt pay it your self as i doubt you will get your money back if you did.

While insurance companies would almost certainly have to pay up in the end on a standard road policy, the likelihood of arguments and delays means that most accident victims tend to fudge the location if they can. Common descriptions of the location of Ring accidents are a road running between Adenau and Nurburg and a mountain road in the Eifel region of Germany. For this reason, if you take Ring photos of other peoples cars or bikes and put them on the web, please always remove or blur number plates.

good luck mate

mike

Renault Laguna Coupe

Id wait until the insurance company have given the go-ahead for the repairs to the car, and then hit them with the bill for the armco (delayed in the post from Germany). That way it wont hold up the most important thing! Good luck with it anyway Rich, keep us posted mate.

320d M Sport

If insurers get arsey enough it wont matter anyway as legally they can sue to reclaim their outlay if they feel they shouldnt have paid.

Did you actually crash on track? ie when racing?

Paddy - Direct Line - I crashed on the Nordshleife, which is (Im told) legally a pubic toll road, therefore road insurance should apply by default. The German police also class it as a public toll road. Apparently many people have successfully claimed through their insurance before, but the insurance companies can get arsey if Nurburgring is mentioned. This is written all over the bloody bill!!

Ed - believe me I will! I dont like being beaten by these things!

I ran the word Nurburgring through google translator for a laugh and it came out as "Only castle ring"!

Rich

Just called the garage and shell be ready in 2-3 weeks, no definate date yet as they said theres lots of work. I dont even get a courtesy car.:cry: Also the insurance arent gonna pay my telephone expenses from the day. Another big bill to fork out.

Also just relised that the 36 metres of barrier is actually 12 metres, as each section has 3 pieces on it. Doh.

Rich

nope, means its bloody expensive. Check your policy mate cos Im sure some companies class "racing" as "any high speed manoever with other vehicles present". In other words its a get out clause so that if you crash and they can prove you were speeding with other vehicles in close proximity they can void your claim. Worth checking before claiming and them not paying for the repairs on the Clio?

Ring up for a quote and ask, if you were on the Nurbo...........................

See what they say?

Clio 197

There is no racing on the Nurburgring except when the road is closed to public traffic. All the rules of the road apply, passing left only, driving at the proper speed for the conditions etc.

The polizei investigate any serious accidents and accidents involving more than one car. They do issue fines for failing to have ones vehicle under control etc.

AFAIK the nurburgring has got a speedlimit when open to the public, it is not an autobahn where there isno speed limit